Anyone walk for exercise?

I walk 3 times a day 15 mins. each and I have lost weight doing this but of course I was watching what I ate.Actually maybe the walks are 20 mins.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:47 PM on Apr. 13, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I walk. Not as much as I should but I take my kids to the park up the road and we walk through the wooded walking trail. We're usually there for an hour or so.
    It's not a brisk walk since it would be hard for my 3 year old to keep up, but it's better than sitting on my butt at home. :)
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 7:49 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• I walk but remember it only burns 100 calories per hour of walking. I'm up to 3 miles per day 3 times a week. I am not a fan of all this walking but I have a high school reunion this year and want to shape up if nothing else. I'm old. It's not easy getting fat off at my age!

Answer by admckenzie at 7:52 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• I walk also, but that's not all I do, we also go to the gym a few times a week.... And 100 calories per hour is absolutely not true, there are many factors, how much you weigh, how fast you walk, if you go up hill, etc... For example, walking at 4 miles per hour for 30 mins burns about 180 calories, and that's just on a flat surface. We have an awesome walking park by our house, I walk/jog it, it has some good hills too.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 3:44 PM on Apr. 14, 2010