5 weeks pregnant...

Jus found out .! Yay .!
okay i have a prob ... Im going to get a tattoo by the side of my boob tomorrow ... Is that really bad ???
and also i hve this hard crust like thing in the middle of my nipple ... Is that bad ???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:57 PM on Apr. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• As far as the tattoo goes, it's not going to harm the baby to get tattooed unless you're allergic to the ink.
    The main thing I would worry about is your skin rejecting the ink because of your hormones. It might just end up being a waste of time and money for right now.
    Most tattoo artists wont tattoo pregnant or nursing women.

As far as the crusty nipple goes, it could just be dried colostrum. Most people don't get it so early. I did though.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 8:00 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• i would hold off on the tat. first because of risk of infection associated with tatooing. and second because your boobs are going to grow and stretch and so will your tatoo. it could end up looking really bad. i dont know much about the crust thing....something for dr.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 8:00 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• tattoo i would put off its not a good idea
    Anonymous

• I would hold off on the tattoo until baby is born.
    The crust on the nipple is a normal pregnancy symptom.
    Congratulations!!!
    :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 8:01 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• Put off the tattoo. Most tattoo artists won't ink a pregnant woman anyway.

Your body is more susceptible to infection. Even a good clean place doesn't have sterile air and your clothing isn't sterile. The risk of infection is totally different.

Pregnancy hormones can do crazy things to you. You may not hold the ink right. You'll definitely bleed more. The ink may look the wrong color. You could develop weird scar tissue. Pregnancy hormones are not a thing to guess with. They are a serious force.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 8:01 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• You aren't supposed to get tattoos while pregnant due to the risk of getting hepatitis, HIV, and other blood born diseases. You are supposed to sign a consent form saying your are NOT pregnant in order to get a tatoo.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 8:04 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• I don't know about the tattoo. But im 6 months pregnant with my second baby and i had the crusty nipples with both pregnancies it sucks but its just a part of pregnancy.
    bsandz

Answer by bsandz at 9:24 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• Thanks guys i really appreciate it .!
    jjbabi01

Answer by jjbabi01 at 9:36 PM on Apr. 13, 2010