how much would you pay

for a tutor for your elementary school aged child?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:28 PM on Apr. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• why pay anyone when theres google and you
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 8:29 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• nothing since my school dstrict must provide it to any child who is struggling. YOu just have to fight sometimes.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:32 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• I think my sister gets paid $50 per session with her student (one session per week).
    KarmicChild

Answer by KarmicChild at 8:40 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• I wouldn't pay anything. I'd help my own child
    Anonymous

• When I was a tutor, through a tutoring company, the fee was $45/hr. $20 of which went to the tutor. Some families also tipped. Elsewhere I have looked, $20 seems the norm.

Personally, I wouldn't pay a tutor because I am a teacher, so I'd just do it myself.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:52 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• when i was a tutor, i got 50 bucks a week for 2 hours on tuesday and an hour on thursday. however, it was for a high school student. for elementary school, what is the problem your child is having? Is it the work? or is it actually having to do the work? Lots of children claim to have problems with work when they simply dont want to do it. Or, maybe the work is already understood and your child is bored. I would say speak with the teacher.
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 9:38 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• Actually (OP) I am a teacher, turned SAHM. I am going to start offering tutoring services. I did a lot of work with struggling students before. I was thinking about $25/hr. I only need to earn about $200 a month.
    Anonymous