my 7 month is attached to me?

7 1/2 year old princess <3 she just recently (not often though) doesn't want anyone else to hold her. I have the most independent baby in the world so this is new and i just want to see if this has happened to other mommies with babies this age.

gottalovemal

Asked by gottalovemal at 8:32 PM on Apr. 13, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My 14 month old princess is very much a mama's girl and clings to me. She loves her daddy to pieces but will scream her little head off if he tries to take her from my arms..even when I'm handing her over just to hold her for a minute so I can do something,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 8:44 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• And..she's been like that since she's popped out the womb,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 8:45 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• She is at the beginning of a developmental stage they go through with separation anxiety. It is a normal part of development. Just plan on having her attached for the next few months!!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 9:33 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• oh no I'm trying to get her into daycare at my college so I can go to class full time. =/
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 9:51 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• my son just doesnt like other ppl, he was 1 before my mom could hold him without me sitting in the same room, he is almost 2 now and wont let anyone hold him except his parents and grandparents, he wont even shake hands he will wave from a distance but dont get too close!! so yes its normal, downside is they usually stay that way for a long time
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 9:51 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• My twins girls are 9 months old and they just started this with me. It is exhausting to have 2 babies all over me all day long! Good luck with that one!
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 10:12 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• I have a very attached little girl, too. I was so worried when I started school in Jan. She was 7m/o at the time and I had visions of her crying her little head off all day... Yeah, not so much! She fussed a little the first few days, but now, she clings to Kristi (her day care provider) when I come to get her! She loves playing with the other kids and Kristi loves her so much. I am lucky! And as soon as we get home, she's all about being my little boobie monster! :)
    vances_mom

Answer by vances_mom at 11:52 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• theres nothing to do. you just have to let other family members hold her. just walk away from the room. make it look as if she doesn't have a choice. Its them or no one. start out maybe 15 minutes at a time. you'll see everything will be fine. dad , grandparents, aunts ,uncles, will be able to hold her and she wont have any problem with them.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 8:24 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• "oh no I'm trying to get her into daycare at my college so I can go to class full time. =/ "
    A good daycare provider will know how to handle this, like I said, all babies go through this! Just give her lots of attention when you are together and the daycare situation will work itself out!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 1:46 PM on Apr. 14, 2010