What kind of grocery shopper are you?

Do you carefully plan out the week's meals, and write up a detailed list?
Or are you more of the "grab some staple foods and see what else looks good" shopper?

KarmicChild

Asked by KarmicChild at 8:35 PM on Apr. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i can be both mostly the first tho
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 8:38 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• Personally, if I did not pre-plan all of our meals, I would be spending around $200 more on food each month. I know this, because I tried the "what sounds good" approach to grocery shopping once.
    KarmicChild

Answer by KarmicChild at 8:38 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• A little of both.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 8:40 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• a little of both, i dont decide what i am making for dinner for the week untill i go shopping, unless i really have been wanting it all week
    aprilsalcro

Answer by aprilsalcro at 8:42 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• I do a little of both too. I usually have in mind several meals I can make out of what I have in my buggy and make sure I have what I need to complete those. And then I see what else looks good! ;)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:50 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• I plan every meal for the week and what I plan on picking up for snacks. If I don't stick to a list then I end up buying a lot of things that we don't need and spend money that I should not have.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 8:50 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• I make a list of things I might want to use, but I don't plan meals. Then I stare at the pantry and then the freezer waiting for inspiration to strike. It usually doesn't and we end up having chicken.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:50 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• A little of the 1st. I write a very detailed list that I begin with at the beggining of the week by comparing where prices are cheapest that week for what I need and clipping my coupons. I try to plan dinners but I also get something quick and microwavable for those nights where we're all ready to call it anight.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 9:18 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• I write the list and menu out for a week before I go to the grocery store. I start the list a day or 2 before I go. I also go through the pantry and fill in my "staples". I always have pasta noodles and sauce, canned corn and green beans, couscous and onions. There is always frozen chicken and pork chops in the freezer. I am so anal-retentive about the grocery store! I'll admit it!
    vances_mom

Answer by vances_mom at 9:27 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• I plan out all of our meals. I put everything I need and want on a list. I stick to my list and I stay under budget!
    Anonymous