Do you give birth earlier with every pregnancy.

Im 22 weeks pregnant with my second daughter. I went into labor with my first daughter on my due date at 3 am. I had to have an emergency c section due to distress. Im hoping for a vbac anyway my question is do you normally go into labor earlier with each pregnancy or does it just depend on the baby?

bsandz

Asked by bsandz at 8:43 PM on Apr. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I was early with my first child and 3 weeks late with my second child. I was three days late on my third child
    Anonymous

• I wish. lol. Went full term with both.Pregnant with my 3rd now and I'm willing to bet it will stay in ther eas long as it can too,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 8:46 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• ANON 45 you give me hope. lol I am due May 23, but really want him to hold off until June. My first was 1 week early.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 8:56 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• Nope, early late is not relevant to birth order. What I did find was that with each successive birth, the birthing process goes quicker.
    Anonymous

• My first was late, second was a couple days early, third was a week early, and fourth was three weeks early, so for me yes!!
    jessieg4

Answer by jessieg4 at 9:05 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• I hope she comes right on time..lol but all i can do is wait plus i still have 18 weeks to go. lol
    bsandz

Answer by bsandz at 9:21 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• my 1st was 8 days early, my 2nd was 15 days early and im 26 weeks with my 3rd so will see
    klinemom2

Answer by klinemom2 at 9:36 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• The birthing process was quicker the second time around but my son was born 4 days early and my daughter was 2 days late, so I really think it has to do with the pregnancy and when the baby is ready. GL and congrats on the pregnancy :)
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 4:11 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• It must depend on the baby/mom b/c I was exactly 2 wks early (by my dr account, I believe I was right on time)with my 1st and it was a quick 4 1/2 delivery. My second delivery was 2 wks early and 2 hrs and 15 mins long, so maybe the delivery time gets shorter?? I don't know for sure, but I'll tell you what, if I ever have another, I'm just gonna camp out at the hospital when I'm 2 wks and 1 day away from my due date!
    yawningmommy

Answer by yawningmommy at 1:51 AM on Apr. 15, 2010