my daughter still isn't crawling, is that ok?

She is 7 months old, she can get her hind end in the air or her front end in the air but not both at the same time and she kinda spins herself is circles (in sections of course) or scoots herself backwards during tummy time. Is this ok?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:48 PM on Apr. 13, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son started crawling with his tummy on the floor at 9 months, and crawling with his tummy off the floor at 10 months
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 8:50 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• yep still within normal range. encourage crawling by placing a toy just out of reach. perhaps a bit more tummy time to build the muscles.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:51 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• My son didn't start crawling until about 10 months. Don't worry, she'll start when she's ready. You're going to be all over the place chasing after her before you know it. :-)
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 8:51 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• My son was the same way and then one day when he was about 8 months he just started crawling out of no where. Now I can't get him to sit still. But don't worry she'll do it in her own time, at least she is trying.
    momluvsmiles

Answer by momluvsmiles at 8:57 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• The average age is 6 months so she is still in a good range. Don't worry about it. Going backwards tends to come before going forwards.

JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 8:58 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• She is still young. She will when she is ready, don't worry. I never crawled, just started walking at 9 months, my daughter was crawling at about 8 months and was walking at 11 months, and my son was crawling at about 9 months and didn't walk until the day he turned one! Just like talking, using the potty and tying shoes every child is different.
    summerbudbud

Answer by summerbudbud at 9:01 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• Yes it's fine. She is starting creeping right now. Crawling is next.
    MissMommyK

Answer by MissMommyK at 9:02 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• It's fine. DD was 9 1/2 mos, and DS was 11 mos. Some babies actually don't crawl, they just go straight to walking. Nothing to worry about :)
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:08 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• It is only a concern if they are not crawling by 12 mos, your baby is fine! My 9 mo old is still not crawling.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 9:31 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• Yup - perfectly normal. We thought my son would just skip crawling (I guess some kids just go straight to walking when they are ready) because he was doing the same thing. But all of a sudden about 2 weeks ago he started creeping forward a little, and now he is all over the place... he's about 8.5 months old now. Just give her plenty of tummy time, and don't worry!
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 10:28 PM on Apr. 13, 2010