Just passed something very strange!

I hope this question doesnt gross anyone out to much...but I had my son about 3 months ago and this is my second period. 4 weeks ago I started the depo shot and now I just started bleeding. They did a routine pregnancy check at my checkup and it came back negative but I just passed the strangest and most disgusting thing that I have ever seen. It looked like tissue that was about 3 inches long. Did I have a miscarriage? Or is this something normal that can happen on the depo shot or due to giving birth 3 months ago. this did not happen to me when i gave birth to my daughter. I am having some more bleeding now and light cramping but it just feels like period cramps. Any help please??? I will call my gyno in the morning but Im just worried right now!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:17 PM on Apr. 13, 2010 in Health

• i passed a clot after having my dd, but it was about a week after, not 3 months. make sure you call your doc in the morning.
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 9:24 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• If it was 3 inches, but wasn't "baby" shaped, then it wasn't a miscarriage. I've actually had my period where I've had "clots" (pieces of the uterine lining with the menstrual blood) that were that big. Freaked me out at first too, but you would have to be about 12 weeks along to have had a fetus that big. It's just tissue from your uterus that decided to come off in one piece.
    Anonymous

• I don't think that tissue from a miscarriage looks like its a baby shape, anon.
    I've never heard of that after 3 months either. If it was a month after the delivery..maybe...weirder stuff has happened. But not 3 months later. Call your doctor. I'm curious to know what it was too! May have been nothing. Could be something from the uterine lining,as pp said...but in all my years of having a period, thats never happened to me. AND I have 3 children.
    Anonymous

• Something like this similar happened to me after I had my youngest. About 3 months after his birth I thought I was starting my period, but when I went to the bathroom there was alot of blood and a pretty good sized clot. Then a few hours later I had some cramping and then when I went to the bathroom again I lost an even bigger clot. I thought for sure it was a miscarriage because I had no idea what else it could be, so I went to the ER. The doctors found that part of my placenta was still there!! I had to go into and emergency D&C because I lost alot of blood. I really hope it is not anything like that, but I would call your doctor just to check things out if you are scared.
    Anonymous

• I don't know what it could be. I have had clots like that since I was a teen.

JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 10:16 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• I never bled while I was on Depo. Definitely go to the doctor.
    SinaiJ

Answer by SinaiJ at 4:32 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• when i mis carried several years ago, after i was all done bleeding i passed a pretty good sized piece of tissue. it was textures like kind of liver-y type. it was about the size of the palm of my hand. then i stopped bleeding. go see your doc, but let us know what it was!!
    good luck.
    Preggydyke

Answer by Preggydyke at 2:49 PM on Apr. 15, 2010