I asked our beautitian to trim 4 inches off my daughter's hair and she took off 8inches!!

We've had the same beautitian for years. Our entire family goes to her. My 15 year old daughter HAD very long hair that nearly met the top of her jeans. I took her in and my daughter and I told her we wanted 4 inches trimmed off. I went to run some errands and when I got back, I come in and my daughter is sitting there with hair that is barely longer than shoulder length!!

I am so mad!! I called her and asked her why she screwed up her hair and she hemmed and hawed until she kind of admitted to cutting it twice because she got distracted. She asked me how she could fix it. OMG, duh, hum, grow it back at least 2 inches today!! She never offered any kind of refund, gift cert. anything.

I paid 90 bucks for this!! I'm so mad!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:20 PM on Apr. 13, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• why did you pay 90 bucks for it? unless you paid upfront, you should not have paid anything! and IMO-90 bucks is steep for a hair cut.
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 9:22 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• id ask for a refund. but it is just hair.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 9:22 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• 90 dollars for a haircut? There's your first mistake! lol.. Sorry Mom, it will grow back, in the mean time, maybe look for a cheaper hair stylist..
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:24 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• There is no way I would've paid for it as I NEVER pay up front for hair cuts nor would I have paid 90 bucks. That's unnecessarily expensive. There is little except complain to upper management that you can do, if she isn't a private hair dresser. Is your daughter mad? If not, let it be. You didn't say one thing in your post about her being upset about it you just ranted about your feelings.
    MissMommyK

Answer by MissMommyK at 9:25 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• i'm just curious why you thought you would leave your daughter there alone? was someone with her besides the stylist? and for 90 bucks wow...that's too much.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 9:34 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• well ur 15 year old daughter has a mouth and is old enough to have said ...oh hey that's exactly the length i want before the beautician began cutting it again cuz she got distracted:

"she hemmed and hawed until she kind of admitted to cutting it twice because she got distracted"
    fay101

Answer by fay101 at 9:35 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• her daughter's 15 years old though
    fay101

• i know it's frustrating, but if it looks ok it's just hair- it'll grow back!!
    Anonymous

• I agree with fay. Why didn't your daughter speak up when she saw how short her hair was being cut? Also, where in the world are you going that it costs $90 for a haircut? That is outrageous. That's how much it costs me to get a hair cut, color, AND highlights! And why would you pay the $90 if you were dissatified? I wouldn't give her a dime until she made it right or basically gave me the cut for free. Some better decisions could have been made her on your part here too momma...but I see the frustration.
    Anonymous

• Is your daughter unhappy with it? If not then who cares? Its her hair.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 10:26 PM on Apr. 13, 2010