I need help losing the weight.

I gained 53 pounds with my son, he's now 7 months and I still have about 45 pounds of baby weight. My problem areas are my thighs, my stomach, and the jiggly-ness of my arms. Does anyone have any advice or workout tricks?? I really want to lose all this extra weight.

Kadensmom5

Asked by Kadensmom5 at 9:39 PM on Apr. 13, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• me too!
    Anonymous

• Check out sparkpeople.com it's a free site that has nutrition and fitness trackers, helpful articles, and different ways to connect with other people with like interest. I've been using it for awhile now and it's really helped!
    ostera

Answer by ostera at 9:48 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• Find out your BMR, then your daily caloric needs. After finding this out, you will know what your starvation mode is as well as how many calories you need to eat in order to lose weight.
    For instance- my BMR is 1377, multiply by 1.55 and my caloric needs are: 2134.. to lose weight I need to eat between 1377 and 1600 calories. I usually eat between 1400-1500.
    I work out 6 days a week- running, pushups, crunches, squats, Yoga, etc....
    I have lost 30 lbs since December doing this and Dh has lost almost 50 lbs.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 9:51 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• It's really expensive, but really healthy and you will lose a lot of weight!! Raw diets are the best! You just need to get through the first couple of weeks.
    Anonymous

• Try a food/activity journal. Write down everything you eat, drink and when/where you consume it. Do you eat out of boredom? Do you eat when fixing meals? Do you eat b'fast? Calorie counting works for some, but not everyone. Reducing portions, eating b'ast daily, eating FIVE to SEVEN servings of fruits and vegetables, only 100% whole grain (at least 3 servings of fiber per serving based on food label), lean meat/proteins, and 1/4-1/2 Cup nuts daily. Exercise at least 30 minutes, at least 5 days a week. Choose an activity that you can stick with like walking or meeting a friend at the gym. And check out The National Weight Control Registry for more valid ideas: http://www.nwcr.ws/ Best of luck to you!
    klickitykat

Answer by klickitykat at 10:35 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• While a very healthy choice, Raw Diets (a version of a vegan diet) are not for everyone and they take lots of planning and access to some unique ingredients.
    Anonymous

• i have lost 25 pounds in 3 months eating 1200 calories a day and keeping a food journal and every time i fall off a diet i get right back on and never give up i wish you luck and i know you can do it
    saadamarie

Answer by saadamarie at 10:51 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• I am starting a "diet" of sorts... I hate that word. cause if you cant do it forever....just gonna gain it back right?
    but im desperate. I have a pot belly. I am cutting out most carbs and increasing my protein.I usually drink alot of water anyways. I had to go on a diabetic diet when I was pregnant and felt great and basically turned fat into baby. I was smaller after I had the baby then when I got pregnant. I've since gained it all back. So I figure if I do the same thing again....who knows. hopefully it will work.The pot belly I think has to do with poor digestion. Not sure how to fix it. Any ideas?
    Hotmomoften

Answer by Hotmomoften at 11:13 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• Something as simple as walking helps. Make sure to eat healthier as well. Fruits, veggies and organics are amazing for weight loss. Try to stop eating things that have ingredients in it that you can't pronounce and things with high fructose corn syrup (which is basically food crack and just as addictive).
    SinaiJ

Answer by SinaiJ at 4:14 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Just eat healthy and workout and remember that you're ONLY 7 months post partum woman! Give your body time!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:03 AM on Apr. 14, 2010