Lieing on her resume and still got the job

my friend totally lied on her resume. I am super pissed because i couldn't even get interviewed for the job and we have the same amount of experience. I thought maybe my resume sucked so asked her to help me fix it and thats when she told me she threw in a little more experience in her resume to get the job. I know i should be happy for her because shes been unemployed for so long but i don't think she should have did that and it make me mad. should i tell her how i feel or is not a big deal

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:23 PM on Apr. 13, 2010 in Money & Work

• If she is not qualified for the job, she won't have it for very long.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:26 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• its just a call center and she done that before but she lied about the number of years she been doing
    Anonymous

• Be happy for your friend and quit holding a grudge. Most people lie on their resumes and everybody lies at interviews.
    Anonymous

• Be happy for her, but more importantly learn from her. Like somebody else said most people do lie on their resumes, sad but true.
    Anonymous

• Also, it's kind of like going in to an interview...you are never who you say you are nor do you act the same way you would as if you were with a close friend. You need to sell yourself, honest or not.
    Anonymous

• To those saying "everyone lies on their resume" that is not true. Because I never have. I believe in karma. What comes around goes around. You tell lies, you live lies, they'll get ya eventually.
    Anonymous

• It's just goes to prove what kind of character she has. Beware!

Anonymous

• Kind of makes you wonder what else she lies about, doesn't it? Hopefully she'll be found out for the fraud she is. Although a lot of people do lie on their resumes and the companies RARELY check, fyi.
    SinaiJ

Answer by SinaiJ at 4:03 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• With the way this economy is, I can't say I blame your friend one bit. She now has a JOB. If she can prove herself at that job, and stay with the company, she did herself GOOD. ::SHRUGS::

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 10:09 PM on Apr. 14, 2010