Why is leaving so hard?

Why is it when you come to a point in your life that you know, you just know it is time to move on and you know that there is so much more out there and you know youwill be happier, why is it still so hard to close that chapter of your life?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:56 PM on Apr. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• FEAR.
    Fear of being alone, fear of making the wrong decision.
    Trust yourself, be strong, and think ahead. Dont let him manipulate you into letting him get what he wants. Do what is best for you and your child.
    Have your friends there for you, helping you stay strong and preoccupied. You will have weak moments but they will pass. As time goes by the weakness will fade and you will become stronger.
    Remind yourself of why you do not want to be in the relationship, do not remember the good times while the pain is still fresh. GL!
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 11:15 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• I know what you mean, I am kind of going through the same thing.
    TBandNCmommy

Answer by TBandNCmommy at 11:18 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• yep yep yep...same thing here! I am planning to leave and its never easy even if you feel its for the best. Its especially hard when they don't want you to leave but you just feel its for the best! SIGH
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• because sometimes the riht thing isnt the easy thing. but check those feelings, make sure its really time to move on. that way you dont have regret and guilt to add tot he feeling of loss. its a loss like any other, wether its right to be with him or not. and you grieve it too. I think the hardest thing as the others mentioned, is the fear. the fear of the unknown.in your relationship, it may not be right, but its familiar.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 1:59 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Because it's what's comfortable. Staying is easier than leaving. There's a big fear of the unknown for some. Think long and hard about what you'd like to do.
    SinaiJ

Answer by SinaiJ at 3:55 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Fear of the unknown ahead. Believe me, I went through this for a long time and finally decided to just do it and move on. I'm in the divorce process now, and I'm so glad I am doing this.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 10:41 AM on Apr. 14, 2010