what age should i start letting my child sleep in a toddler bed?

akb300

Asked by akb300 at 10:56 PM on Apr. 13, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Most moms I know make the switch whenever their kid figures out how to climb out of the crib.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 11:02 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• When they start climbing or trying to climb out, the crib becomes a safety hazard. But you can leave them in there until that happens, or until they just don't want to. My son slept in his crib until 2.5 years without even trying to climb out, at which point he just decided that he didn't want to sleep in the crib any more. It made the transition very easy on us to let him make that decision; we've never once, not even on the first night, had a problem with him staying in his bed and going to sleep. :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:09 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• I just moved my 11 month old to a toddler bed. I am due in July and I didn't want to wait until I had the baby and say sorry kid you are giving up your bed so this one can have it.

JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 11:37 PM on Apr. 13, 2010