How long does turkey stay good?

I made a turkey Monday and I was wondering if I can make my son a turkey sandwich for his lunch on Wednesday. Does turkey stay good that long in the refrigerator. Also since he will be eating it on Wednesday it will just be in his lunch box with an ice pack that day. Is it still safe to eat then?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:05 PM on Apr. 13, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I worked with a dietitian, and her policy was three days and it's out. So the turkey should be fine through Thursday. People do sometimes keep it longer than that, but I don't. I freeze it if I see there are a lot of leftovers.

Answer by Bmat at 11:09 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• It should be, smell it in the morning. If it's bad, it'll have a sour sort of smell tinging it.
    Anonymous

• Until you notice it going "green"? lol I usually keep it up to a week, if it's stored properly.
    SinaiJ

Answer by SinaiJ at 3:39 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• It should be just fine, but I am weird about turkey,, I would either freeze the rest or not eat after Thursday!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:33 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• I've kept cooked turkey meat (roasted the whole bird) in my fridge for a week and it was fine at the end of the week. I had no problems giving it to my kids.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Apr. 14, 2010