I thought I wanted to Break up with him but deep down I really don't! Im 21 and he is 22

My boyfriend and I have been together for only 2months now. We have been friends since I was in the 11th grade and he was in the 12th. Before we became a couple he use to make me smile all the time. Now almost everything he say upsets me. He is very opinionated but he can be quite offensive with what he say sometimes. When he told me that he did not like the way I was raising my child I was highly offended. He claim that if a women has a child she should be at home with her child unless she is working. Im sorry but I am only 21 years old and I enjoy having a good time out with friends occasionally. He don't like when I go out and he calls me childish quite often. So, I asked him why do he want to be with me if it's so many things he don't like about me? He said "I still like you" I don't know what to do. Stay or go.I am not happy but I genuinely care about him. Oh and I forgot we are in a long distance relationship Btw

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:05 PM on Apr. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• um . . . a woman should be home with her child. i don't care how young you are, once you have a child, you are a mother. you don't have the right to run around and party. of coarse he's upset. if your child isn't enough to keep you grounded, why should he feel safe (especially from a distance) in a relationship with you?
    Anonymous

• Is he your child's father? If he makes you feel bad, dump him. Abused women still love their abusers, but it is a BAD relationship to be in.
    Also, because I too am 21 years old and a mom, and I don't go out with my friends and drink, party, etc, I really hope you aren't either. Int hose cases, YEA you should be home. You can have fun without doing that.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 11:11 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• Maybe this would be a good time to just focus on your kid and giving yourself some time to grow up a bit more...really become a mature adult, before worrying about dating.

Dating has to be different when you're a mom - kids don't deal well with lots of drama, or men coming in and out of their lives.
    Anonymous

• I agree with what eveyones saying. Im a 22 year old mother, and I dont go out and drink, or party. I dont even go out with friends often because I put my son before myself. You are being imature. I dont blame the guy for speaking the truth.
    Anonymous

• this isn't to say don't have friends and go out and have fun. you can go have dinner, A glass of wine or A beer, get a mani/pedi, go shopping, whatever... just don't need to be out partying. if THAT is what he is upset about, i dont blame him.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 11:37 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• You are right to want a life, unless it's interfering with raising your child. You are mother first and foremost. Don't forget you are also a person and to make some time, not too much time, for yourself as well. Remember, once you bring a life into this world you are indebted to that life until the day you die. The decisions you make affect your child's life the most. If the boyfriend makes you unhappy, fu#$ him. Life's too short to be miserable with who you're with. Not to mention if he makes you this unhappy at 2 months, imagine how it'll be a year from now.
    SinaiJ

Answer by SinaiJ at 3:48 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• first of all you have terrible grammar
    second, once you have a child your main focus should be your child, im 21 and i dont even get to go out with my friends, not that i dont want to but your at a different stage now. It doesnt mean you can go out it just means you need to be considerate when you do and take your child, do child friendly activities. As for the boyfriend, if its a long distance relationship then he isnt there every day to see how you raise your child therefore he has no say, at least in my opinion
    Anonymous