This absoultely blew my mind..

I'm almost 7 weeks pregnant with TWINS!

I think I'm going to go crazyyy. I have 4 children already...
3 are biological, 1 adopted.

I went to the doc for my first check-up today and was having some extreme morning sickness (I did not have this with any of my previous three pregnancies) and I was also spotting a little so my doc thought it'd be a good idea to do a quick ultrasound..and the ultrasound tech looks and she goes "ohh look...baby number 5 and baby number 6" and i was like "whaaaaa?" and she said "you're having twins, see the sacs?"

I don't even know what to make of this!

Anyone else have a pregnancy where you just didn't know what to think of it? These babies were a surprise in the first place...I missed my period and took a test on Easter and was completely shocked and now...TWINS? Ahhh. 6 kids...geezeee

jcarvalho

Asked by jcarvalho at 11:08 PM on Apr. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• wow. Yes you're going to have your hands full!
    Good luck! You can do it, just teach your kids how to help you with them as much as possible and try not to stress, Things may be hectic @ 1st but they will become routine and natural.
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 11:11 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• Well my 8 year old helps with all the younger kids...she's such a good little helper. And my four year old son likes to help make lunches and fold laundry (not very neatly but he tries hehe) I can tell he will be lots of help too. I'm just really worried about my 2 year old...she was very very jealous when my youngest (1 yr old) came along and now there will be 2 more little ones coming. idk..she'll be older by the time the twins get here but then i don't know how my youngest will react, it's hard to tell if he'll be the jealous type of kid or the go with the flow kind.
    jcarvalho

Answer by jcarvalho at 11:17 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• congrats mama!

It sounds like you're doing everything right with training the kids to help in anyway they can. I was #6 of 7 kids, and I honestly really liked growing up in a big family. I always had someone to play with, and if mom was busy, I had a big sister that doted on me.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 11:35 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• wow i have goosebumps......twins run in my family and with each of my pregnancies i was so scared of that.....
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 12:05 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Awww! Congrats! I'd probably be totally freaked out, too. My 3 yr old keeps telling me I'm having 2 babies and I'm scared to find out if he's right! LOL My 6yr old told me his baby would be a brother (when I was preggo w/ my now 3yr old) and he was right. I asked him how he knew and he said "Grandma Lisa told me". My mom had been dead for 6 years at that point. VERY freaky!

I can't imagine what I'd feel like if preggo w/ twins. Scared, nervous, SHOCKED! Just try to calm your nerves and remember that God only gives us what we can handle. He must think you're an INCREDIBLE mommy!!! You'll make it through this!

CONGRATS!!!
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 10:18 AM on Apr. 14, 2010