Why are so many people getting all hot and bothered over the KFC Double Down?

Below is a few out of the THOUSANDS of fast food items that have MORE calories and about the same or MORE fat than the KFC "Double Down" sandwich.

Taco Bell Grilled Stuff Burrito-700 cal. 30 grams fat
McDonalds Double Quater Pounder with Cheese-740 cal. 42 grams fat
Burger King Double Whopper w/ 2 slices of cheese and bacon-1100 cal 74 grams fat

Why is everyone freaking out about this ONE sandwhich?? These other items are advertised ALL THE TIME!

I'm not saying people should eat this stuff all the time or anything but it's about PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY. It's your body. Put what you want in it.

I'm sorry but this resturant should not have to take this item off their menu. They aren't holding a gun to anyone's head forcing them to eat it.

These other resturants aren't getting flack about it so why is KFC?????????????????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:33 PM on Apr. 13, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• my husband got one today on his lunch break he said it was gross ( and not as big as they show on tv)
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 11:35 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• It looks for yummy.

My mind really wants one but my ass says NO. :( LOL.

I don't get it. It's fast food. It's fattening. That's just how it is.
    Anonymous

• Ha Ha...I meant to say "It looks really yummy" lol
    Anonymous

• i really want to try that. i friggin love cheese bacon & chicken. but im on a diet =( maybe on my next cheat day.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:22 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• I don't see the big deal either. The same thing can be said about cigarettes or alcohol. It is legal and you can buy it. It isnt good for you and you have the choice to consume it or don't. Be responsible with your body. It's the only one you have.
    etsmom

Answer by etsmom at 12:26 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• I choose what I put into my body. If it looks good, I may try it, depending on a few factors. If it doesn't look good, there is nothing you could do to make me eat it. I cannot figure out why people in this country need other people to tell them what to buy, what to eat, what clothes to wear, etc. I don't care one fig what everyone else says about this particular sandwich, or any other product out there! Can't people decide things of this nature for themselves any more?
    29again

Answer by 29again at 12:34 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• My mouth gets hot and bothered by it..seriously though I might try it out..I very rarely indulge in any fast foods but I like having it availible for those times.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 1:53 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• I just think it looks gross. It's the cheese and sauce that is a dealbreaker for me. If I ordered it without, I guess I would have two slabs of chicken and a piece of bacon. Yum (sarcasm).
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 2:13 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Do you have a link? I haven't heard anything about it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:47 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Don't we have enough fat in our diets. Why not offer a creative salad dish instead. Doesn't KFC still use hydrogenated fats to fry their chicken in? Eat it if you want be we are unhealthy enough as it is.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:27 AM on Apr. 14, 2010