2 questions. 1. i'm 38 weeks pregnant and my son is not as active as he used to be, is this normal? and 2. when i do feel him move, sometimes i feel a shaky movement, what is he doing?

RjsMommy90

Asked by RjsMommy90 at 11:44 PM on Apr. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• The baby is running out of room to move in there. So it is ok for him to move less. No clue on the shaking.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 11:46 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• Ask a DOCTOR.
    SinaiJ

Answer by SinaiJ at 2:51 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• I'm 35 weeks and have similar problems. This is my second pregnancy, and it's been much different than my first. With my first son, once he started moving he NEVER stopped (and still hasn't) This time my placenta is in front and that limits the amount of movement that I feel. As we are getting down to the wire, and the baby has less room to move it's normal to feel less vigorous activity...."they" say it's more like roll movements. It makes me very nervous, because his movements seem so much less. My OB said to count kicks, 10 movements within 2 hours is normal activity.
    As far as the shaking, not sure about that one but you should call the doc and ask them.....just like we learn in 2nd grade, there is no such thing as a stupid question so don't worry about that....I am sure they have heard it all!
    Best wishes!
    Julians_Momma

Answer by Julians_Momma at 9:19 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Probably less movement bc there isn't as much wiggle room in there anymore. I noticed a decrease in movement for both of my kids starting around 35-36 weeks.
    Anonymous

• thanks for everyone who answered my question. :)
    RjsMommy90

Answer by RjsMommy90 at 4:53 PM on Apr. 14, 2010