how is it that when you have a baby that is brilliant you are chastized for "making them grow up to fast"?

yeah......i potty trained an 11 month old! why else would i be asking where to get undies that small? whatever fool said i was cruel for making her grow up to fast is an idiot!if your child is ready dont you want the diapers gone?

cassie_m

Asked by cassie_m at 11:49 PM on Apr. 13, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I agree, if the child is ready, its at THEIR pace. Hell go for it! No more messy diapers!!
    Hezekiahs_mom

Answer by Hezekiahs_mom at 11:52 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• that bugs me too lol

with my first born I always tried to help her learn things ( she is super smart, and was saying sentences at age 1, and knew her colors at age 2) .......well my whole family complained that I was making her grow up too fast so I layed off a little with my second ( I still teach him, but not as much as i did with my first) ...and now everyone complains that I am not doing it enough with him

That is really young to potty train ( not in a bad way though lol) .... my son is 18 months and I think he wants to now ( he goes to the potty and tries to pull his pants down lol)
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 11:53 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• My daughter wasn't potty trained until 2 but she was a very tiny child and only weighed 18 pounds. It was hard to find undies for her.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 11:56 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• she got it in only one day and was super happy about it......how can there be an age limit? it makes no sense to put boundries on how much a child can learn because of age.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 11:56 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• Physically speaking, it's just rare for a kid's sphincter (the part that lets them hold the pee in) to be developed before 18 months.

But I think potty training age is a great example of no matter what you do as a mom, someone is going to think you're nuts.

Throw out any age, and I guarantee you someone out there will say it's crazy young, and someone will say it's crazy old.

mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 12:07 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• I dunno. My mom SWEARS I was potty-trained by 14 months but my brother wasn't potty trained til he was almost 3 and he's smarter than I am as an adult.

Anyway, you could make your underwear. Or you could try diaperswappers.com I bet some of the ladies that do elimination communication and potty learn their youngsters young make underwear for infants.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• it will come back to bite u in the behind when she gets her molars and she has to be potty trained all over again. pushing them too hard damages their self esteem. did u tell your doctor you made her get potty trained before she's even a year old? I'm sure he will give you heck for doing that. u in a hurry to get her grown up so she can pole dance and make u some money? stop pushing your child. u are doing it for u not for your child. damaging your child isn't something to brag about
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:42 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• your child cannot be ready at 11 months. talk 2 your doctor if you don't believe me. your dr will tell you who the idiot is and it's not me
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• That doesn't even seem posible for an 11 month old to be potty trained. I wouldn't even think her body would be mature enough to hold her blatter yet. Potty trained doesn't mean that you sat her on the potty a couple times and she went. Its means that she no longer goes in her diapers and she uses the potty by herself(minus wiping). I think your being a little dramatic. Is she even walking steadily enough to walk to the potty when she feels she's needs to go, pull her pants down and sit on the potty?? I highly doubt it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• LOL!!! Some people! Do you know that the Japanese start potty training their children when they are 10 weeks old? There is not right or wrong age to train on the potty. Congrats momma for being able to take away diapers before a year is out!
    etsmom

Answer by etsmom at 1:05 AM on Apr. 14, 2010