My 2 week old baby

Is fine all day she don't cry or anything but come 930 every night she screams all night long and she has a clean diaper been fed and burped and she just crys and she won't even cry herself to sleep she just stays up all night crying is this normal

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Apr. 14, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sounds like a colicky baby. My son was like that. There is nothing you can really "do" per say, just comfort them and make sure they are clean and comfortable.
    Hezekiahs_mom

Answer by Hezekiahs_mom at 12:39 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Are you holding her? She's been in your womb for so long she's having a hard time adjusting. Are you putting her in a room alone? She's probably scared you left and won't come back. She will adjust. Swaddle her. That should help. Maybe the quiet bothers her. Put a ticking clock nearby so she'll think it's your heartbeat.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:40 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• It sounds like colic. Do you have a swing for her? If not you should get one. When she starts her nightly ritual give her a dose of Gripe Water (its an herbal supplement for colic that is safe for all ages, you can find it at any drug store) and and put her in her swing. Also putting her in her carseat on top of the dryer while its running should help to. Good luck
    momluvsmiles

Answer by momluvsmiles at 12:43 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Maybe she just has her nights and days mixed up. After a couple days of doing these things my dd was so much easier to put down to bed.... We kept the lights really dim at a certain time of night. We didn't look directly into her eyes because I heared that gets their little hearts pumping, we didnt speak or whispered, no playing or bouncing around. It worked wonders but your baby may be colicky and if thats the case there isnt a lot you can do...snuggle them up tight and get sleep during the day as much as possible! good luck!
    dbodani

Answer by dbodani at 12:47 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Do you have cable? There is this amazing show on cable called,,"a baby story" they deal with what your going through,,I bet you could find it on-line here...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• If it happens a certain time each day it is usually colic. Make sure your ask your doctor for help.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• How is she sleeping during the day? She should be sleeping the vast majority of the time at this age. Most newborns will just pass out wherever they are and get plenty of sleep. Some, like my son, are overly aware and overly sensitive to the world around them. He needed a quiet, peaceful place right from day one to get his sleep. You'll find, particularly as baby gets older, that lack of sleep leads to an overly tired baby who has trouble sleeping...it sort of feeds itself. Encourage your baby to get plenty of sleep during the day and see if that helps at all. If that isn't it, are you nursing? Is there something you eat every day approximately 2-6 hours before baby starts crying? If so, cut it out and see if that helps. (With my daughter it was mango). Gas Drops, pedaling baby's feet, Gripe Water, Colic Tablets are all good places to start looking for help if it doesn't get better soon. Good Luck.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 1:42 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Sounds like colic. I'd talk to a doctor to be sure.
    SinaiJ

Answer by SinaiJ at 2:36 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• sounds like colic. are u breast feeding> if not prehaps baby needs a change in formula . talk to yr doctor. my children were all allergic to cows milk and when i switched to a soy based formula after nging they did better. good luck. it will get better. really it does.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:04 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• My cousin's baby was like that and the only way to get him to sleep was to put him on one of those back massagers, the kind made to go in a chair. The vibrations would soothe him and put him right to sleep!
    Jjoneslagrange

Answer by Jjoneslagrange at 10:23 AM on Apr. 14, 2010