should I let my cat outside even though she picks fights with other neighbors pets?

She is a good cat and my son can drag her upside down around the house and she doesn't fight back, really just waits for him to be done "playing" with her, lol
however she MEOOWS all day long to go outside! she will even stand up on the door, reach for the doorknob(just barely) and think that will get her outside.
thing is as soon as she is out, she attacks the cats in the neighborhood! I am worried about mad as hell neighbors and vet bills. I don't know, it is like she hates other cats! dogs she could care less...would you let your cat out if she/he started fights?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on Apr. 14, 2010 in Pets

• Sounds like kitty is just going to have to learn to be an inside kitty. I definitely wouldn't let my cat out if he was picking fights - I wouldn't want to be paying someone else's vet bill, I would be afraid someone would call animal control, and you never know if your cat is going to pick a fight with an animal who could pass a disease to him.
    StellarJKD

Answer by StellarJKD at 12:40 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Nope, I wouldn't let them out period. It's too dangerous with the way people drive and they can get hurt really bad in catfights. I've seen it..they get holes torn in their skin...it's horrible. Plus, I dont know where you live, but here in California there are very large predatory birds (hawks, owls) they will pick a cat or small dog that's outside alone right up.
    moniquinha

Answer by moniquinha at 12:40 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Nope,,an inside cat needs to remain an inside cat,, wait,,,my cat gpt out tonight! Damnit!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:47 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• I live in the woods where we have large birds like Eagles, and every type of owl....so I didn't think about the birds, so TY for that reminder.
    Yes all I think about is a cat getting the upper hand(claw) and really hurting my cat or vice versa...we don't have money for a vet so I really should keep her in...but how do I deal with the MEOOWING?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• You could do like my ex's mom did with her cat. She put him on a leash. That way he could run around but couldn't get out of the yard.
    JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 1:50 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Honestly, I agree....cats should be indoor cats and kept indoors unless they are supervised. My parents have a 7 foot tall wooden fence in their small yard so their 3 cats go into the yard only, they eat their grass, lay in the sun and just be typical lazy cats, but they are not out wandering, getitng into fights, getting fleas, ticks and goodness what else.

My cats stay inside all the time. They don't need to be out there, and yes there are a lot of roaming cats in the neighborhood, who knows what diseases those cats have, and I certainly don't want my cats to catch anything
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:17 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• So for your own sake you are willing to let you cat start cat fights, "torment" other pets, have the chance to get hit, poop in your neighbors' yards and risk getting a disease? Wow.
    Anonymous

• http://www.cafemom.com/answers/400604/How_do_you_feel_about_cats_roaming_the_neighborhood?cat_id=&next=1#answers

A post about letting cats roam the neighborhood. Majority finds it rude.
    Anonymous

• Are you kidding?!? NO!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Apr. 15, 2010