PLEASE HELP My 2 year old just fell on my 3 week old son's head!!!

My husband was sitting on the couch watching tv and feeding my son while I gave my 2 year old daughter a bath.When she got out and was dressed he was still feeding my son. My daughter went over to the couch and got on it she was being friendly and giving her brother kisses then when she moved closer to him she slipped and fell.She elbowed him in the head and he started to cry I ran and got him and he stopped. His head has no red marks no bruise and he stayed up for about 30 mins after it happened and just now got sleepy.He is eating well and doesn't act like it is bothering him.I just dont know to to wait and call the doctor or take him to the ER because i know how fragile an infants head is.i have him right next to my bed in his pack and play tonight. I am just soo scared.What are signs to go to the ER?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Apr. 14, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Call the doctor.
    JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 12:51 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• I think it should be fine. Try pressing on the area that was hit lightly and see if it bothers him. She may not have hit him as hard as it looked.
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 12:59 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Really.. CafeMom is the not the place to post this. Your instincts should have been to call the doctor, not hop on the net to a social network.
    MissMommyK

Answer by MissMommyK at 1:03 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• What part of his head was hit? If it was near the soft spot I would take him to the hospital to be checked out, but if it was not near that area of the head and there is no mark, bump, nothing... then try to get ahold of his doctor or call your local ER and ask them for advice on whether he should be checked out anyway. If it was near the sof spot take himin anyay and try not to keep him awake until he's been seen.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:15 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• *try to keep him awake*
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:16 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• The unkind notwithstanding...whenever you think you should call the doctor...you should indeed call.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:19 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• op here -i called his doctor while posting this thank you i was just seeing if this had happened to anyone before and what was normal his doctor said i should just keep an eye out on his soft spot and make sure he does not cry more than usual. he also said this is very common.i am not stupid and love my children very much enough to get more than just one opinion.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:30 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Wow. Am I the only one that thinks that mommy is overreacting a bit? If you don't honestly feel that baby is ok, then you should be already at the ER.
    Anonymous

• i think if it wasn't a hard fall it should be fine... but if it was a hard fall and she elbowed him hard in the head it might be bad
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:35 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Give her a freakin break you fools!!! are you all so perfect that you never had a question about your kid??? She called the doc.... sometimes you have to wait for them to call you back... and people post here while they wait. Jerks!!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:41 AM on Apr. 14, 2010