What are your thoughts concerning these two women who turned from Islam to Christianity ?

http://www.assistnews.net/Stories/2010/s10040054.htm

I will repost link so you can click it.

Shaneagle777

Asked by Shaneagle777 at 1:49 AM on Apr. 14, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:49 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• well obviously I am happpy these women were freed. I think when I heqar stories like this it makes me grateful to live in a country that has freedom of religion. freedom from being persecuted for my beliefs. people complain alot about america...and they need to walk one days worth of time in the shoes of women such as these two to remember what they have to be grateful for.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 1:53 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• its their life their choice
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:55 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Yes Bearsjen thats true

Anon: so it doesnt bother you that they were jailed for converting to Christianity to Islam?
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:04 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• It bothers me that they were jailed for anything like that. I am not concerned with what they converted to, Are you? Would you feel the same if they chose to convert to Paganism or Buddhism and were jailed? I know I would.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:23 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• But because they converted to Christianity we should be concerned more? Why not just say you were concerned because they took their religious choice into their own hands and were arrested? We should be concerned for them as human beings not as Christian women.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:25 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• pnwmom... great answer.. who cares what religion they converted to... it is the opression that should concern us.
    LolaRae

Answer by LolaRae at 3:58 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• If they are happy I'm really happy for them. I'm glad they are safe for now, but they have another court date, and they live in Iran. I'm praying for them as they requested, that God grants them peace.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 5:38 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• "But because they converted to Christianity we should be concerned more? Why not just say you were concerned because they took their religious choice into their own hands and were arrested? We should be concerned for them as human beings not as Christian women. "

THIS^^^ I can pretty much guarantee if they had converted to anything BUT christianity, there wouldn't such "concern".
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 7:16 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• "Taken before a Revolutionary Court hearing on August 9, Maryam and Marzieh were commanded to recant their faith, and in return, would be granted their freedom. “We will not deny our faith,” the women responded, “if we come out of prison, we want to do so with honor.”

This reminded me of all of the things I've read about the Salem witch trials here in the states from the 1600's. Trying to force ANY group of people to follow ONE religion is never going to work. People have their own minds and their own beliefs, and you can't force anything onto anyone.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 7:21 AM on Apr. 14, 2010