Ok, how do you view these things?

Children riding on a flat cart (Like Home Depot carts)
Wheelies.
Children running in a store
Children speaking disrespectfully to adults.
Children disobeying parents.
Is your child entitled to do anything they want? If you think so and they think so, they are in for a rude awakening.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:07 AM on Apr. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• You can add parents who take strollers on escalators to the list. I worked at the mall and our store was right by the escalators. I can't tell you how many times parents dropped their kids backwards down them because they disregard the no stroller warning and are too lazy to find the elevator. One day we even had an old man who dropped his wife in her wheelchair backwards down the excelator.  Nothing says "parent of the year" like a having your kid lose half their scalp!

BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 8:27 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• My first thought is that I am glad it's not my kids who do that or act that way.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 2:09 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• If a store employee tells you to please not let your child ride on a cart not safe for them, please listen. We hear horror stories ALL the time of children getting hurt. Course, it isn't YOUR fault is it?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:12 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• When my child decided to climb out of the shopping cart and take a header, I took the blame for that. Why would it be the store's fault my daughter was being a brat and wanted to go from front to back while I was checking out. But yeah, when I see that stuff, I generally want to smack the parents for being morons.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:15 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Children riding on a flat cart (Like Home Depot carts) Not a very good idea.

Wheelies.Should not be allowed to be used in a store

Children running in a store That the kid needs a spanking(mine will get one because if they are running in a store they are trying to get away from me for some reason)

Children speaking disrespectfully to adults.That the child needs a smack in the mouth

Children disobeying parents.The child needs a spanking or a time out depending on what the child is doing

JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 2:16 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Children riding on a flat cart (Like Home Depot carts) -Mine do that, I know they are not suppose to but I am OK with it

Wheelies.-don't know what you mean about this

Children running in a store-yep, they do this to when the store is not busy-they are kids

Children speaking disrespectfully to adults.-NEVER acceptable

Children disobeying parents.-ditto-NEVER acceptable

My children are respectful, but they are rowdy and full of life. There is a time and place for everything. Children do not need to be silent and right by your side in public to be good kids. Kids need limits, but they also need fun and experiences to have a full life.
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 9:33 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Ohm wheelies, like Heelies shoes? Time and a place for them too.... my kids don't like them, but when I see other kids using them it does not bother me-in a crowded store-NO, but in a store with just a few people-no worries for me!
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 9:35 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Children riding on a flat cart (Like Home Depot carts)  Not my kids. I hope kids that do, do not hurt themselves.
    Wheelies.   Like wheelies on a bike?...Hey kids will be kids. Just make sure they have all safety gear on.
    Children running in a store   If thier running all around the place then no I dont agree.
    Children speaking disrespectfully to adults.  Oh no maam. Not here, i'll learn them how to talk to me LOL
    Children disobeying parents. My boys try. But they dont get very far.
    Is your child entitled to do anything they want?  To a certian degree, but if they cross the line I set YES they are in for a rude awakening..

4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 9:45 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• OP: Heelies are shoes that have wheels in the heels (like skates). They ARE PROHIBITED IN STORES. I SAY AGAIN, THEY ARE PROHIBITED IN STORES.
    Soyousay: It doesn't matter if you are ok with your child riding on the cart like that. They are not allowed by the store. Period.
    Children should NEVER run in stores for their safety AND the safety of others. (One five year old just knocked over an old lady at a local store the other day, she may have a broken hip. Nice.) I hope they sue the parent.
    Just like you said, there are times and places for a kid to "be a kid" in a warehouse store or any store is NOT one of them. Please look out not only for YOUR child, but the potential danger your child puts others in.
    Anonymous