What are your thoughts on dying your hair while pregnant?

This is my 3rd and final pregnancy lol,I just bought this Garnier Herbashine hair color it takes 10 mins and is ammonia free.My natural hair color is a dark auburn but,my hair has been blonde for almost a year so i thought dying it as close to my natural hair color would be better than bleaching.

What are your thoughts????

jenny0709

Asked by jenny0709 at 2:07 AM on Apr. 14, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• yeah it's safe. go for it. i did it several times during my pregnancies and have 2 very healthy happy and intelligent children. thats the myth about hair dye, that it will cause brain damage but that is just a taboo from when people thought everything was harmful to unborn babies.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:19 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• nope..would not have done that whiile prego
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:12 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• it's COMPLETELY harmless...lots of women do it and have healthy babies. hair dye from the 1920's was harmful but hair dye nowadays is totally safe
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 2:15 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• i did not while i was pregnant with my first two but,i know my mom had done it in the 80's. All i know is my hair is looking freaky !!!!
    jenny0709

Answer by jenny0709 at 2:15 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• you know what is funny i went tanning just before this pregnancy and i wanted to cancel and they told me alot of pregnant women go tanning while pregnant now...i think that is crazy with how hot it gets in there ya know...I think dying your hair is harmless too but i wondered what others thought1
    jenny0709

Answer by jenny0709 at 2:18 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• yeah everyone is so scared to do anything while pregnant anymore. my doc just told me the latest thing was heating up your lunch meat for 10 sec before eating it, i was like i had 2 kid's that came out just fine i'm good on that hahah
    jenny0709

Answer by jenny0709 at 2:23 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• my doctor gave me the ok to tan jenny. as long as i don't get overheated it won't harm the baby at all. the tanners i use are the ones you stand in and theres a huge fan right above you so it's actually chilly in there, plus i wear sunscreen to protect my skin. i never thought tanning during pregnancy was safe til i actually did the research and it is safe, as long as you don't raise your body temp, kinda hard to do that in a chilly tanning room haha
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 2:23 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• hmmmm? that is crazy but,the package i had was a both so i never went in the stand up one to know.But thatnks for letting me know lol
    jenny0709

Answer by jenny0709 at 2:25 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• booth
    jenny0709

Answer by jenny0709 at 2:26 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• hey theres no reason for us not to look good just cause we're pregnant haha...why not have a golden glow and a nice color job? being pregnant doesn't mean you can't also be hot hahaha
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 2:31 AM on Apr. 14, 2010