Do you stock up on food? Do you understand how to stock up on a limited budget?

Would you like to learn how?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:17 AM on Apr. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I tend to stock up on things like canned veggies, pasta, and things like that. When I do I buy like 24 cans of corn, peas, green beans, kidney beans, pinto beans and so on. My food budget is $668 a month which I am told is a lot but I want to be sure I have things that I can throw together and make something with.

JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 2:27 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• stock up on the non perishables and the frozen food, save buying the perishables for when i know i will use them withing a couple days, if not that day
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 2:33 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• I do the same.. smiths has caseload sales, or sams, and i buy veggies and things then, and usually run to the market every wed for meats and things for the week.. and i will freeze meats in portion size baggies when i find a good sale on it.

on a side note..I would love to have 668 to spend on food you lucky thing you! lol! i usually have around 250 give or take for food.. but its just me and the daughter so we dont eat much. and try to keep junk foods out of the cart.. saves a ton!
    LolaRae

Answer by LolaRae at 3:55 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• I stock up on non-food items because I don't buy a lot of non-perishable foods. So I stock up on toilet paper, paper towel, laundry soap, fabirc softener, diapers and wipes. I only ever buy these items cheap at Costco, or when there is a good sale at my grocery store.
    EmilyandIsaac

Answer by EmilyandIsaac at 8:07 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• We stock up on food about every 2 months. Things like, pasta, spaghetti sauce, soup and we fill up our freezer with meat and frozen vegetables.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 9:25 AM on Apr. 14, 2010