How old was your child when they learned to ride a bike without training wheels?

Just curious.

CorgiMomma

Asked by CorgiMomma at 4:21 AM on Apr. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• DS3 yrs ( determined and did it all by himself),DD 7yrs, DD5yrs, DD5 yrs
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 6:09 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• 6
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:19 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• i'm still waiting on this one. Maybe sometime soon..he is a lil chicken
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:28 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• DD was 7.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:47 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• I was 7. I remember feeling extremely embarrassed because I couldn't do it until then. One day I became determined because I was tired of being made fun of. I guess I just kept trying until I got it. I haven't been on a bike in like 10 years lmao.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 8:57 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• My oldest son was 6, and my youngest son was 4. He saw his older brother riding without training wheels and wanted to try it so we let him and he did better without the training wheels than with them.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 9:23 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• We are the opposite- my older was riding by 5, my younger was about 8! He had no interest in it and would rather skate or ride a scooter. Not sure why, but we decided it was time to learn to ride at 8 and my husband took him to a parking lot away from everyone and he was up and going in 15 minutes!
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 9:26 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• My son was 4 almost 5 when he learned. My husband and I both were 10 when we learned thankfully our son has better balance than we do.lol
    momtolucas2002

Answer by momtolucas2002 at 9:30 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• My dd turned 6 in januray and she is riding independently now...took about 3 lessons without training wheels.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 9:39 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• 6 and 8 - only because my ex would never let my kids try and when I finally left him I was too busy working. My then fiancee, now husband, taught both of them.

Answer by missanc at 9:48 AM on Apr. 14, 2010