Radio Perfomance Tax? Any one hear of this? SAY NO TO THE RADIO TAX!

Wondering if any one has heard of this.

Congress wants radio stations to implement a tax on broadcast free radio stations.
The recording industry wants to impose a performance tax that would financially hurt local radio stations, stifle new artists and harm the listening public who rely on free local radio.

Guess where all the money will go........overseas to foreign countries where it would be outsourced....and in other countries pockets, not the US stations......local radio won't be local........and most could shut down cause of this fee.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:23 AM on Apr. 14, 2010 in Entertainment

• http://noperformancetax.org/Radio%20at%20Risk

SIGN THE JUST SAY NO TO PERFORMANCE TAX TODAY AT THE ABOVE LINK

OR SAY GOOD BYE TO LOCAL RADIO LISTENING IN YOUR CARS COMMUTING TO WORK.....ETC.

LET CONGRESS KNOW HOW YOU FEEL

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:24 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Does anyone even still listen to free radio? LOL Hell, it's mostly commercials and DJs anyway.

digital music, youtube, satellite radio...face it - free radio is going to go the way of analog tv.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:40 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• I still listen to the radio in the car. I like local radio, I like the dj's and the morning shows.

One of the radio stations around here has a commercial about this tax. It is sad really, I can't believe they want to run radio stations out of bussiness. I signed the petition.
    lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 10:53 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• When our free local radio stations start actually playing new songs and artists I might support the end of this tax. However our radio station doesn't play much of anything aside from 10 songs throughout the day. Our one radio station is so concerned about promoting the baby store that the one DJ is buying all her crap from that all the play is ads for said store.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 1:10 PM on Apr. 15, 2010