what room???

so we are moving into a new house and i can't decide where to put my 16 month old. its 3 bedrooms, 2 downstairs, and the attic is finished into a room with a full bath. the upstairs is where i think he should be, but can i be that far away lol. right now he is in the room right next to me, i hear everything he does. putting him upstairs, he will be the only one up there. the other room will be for his baby brother/sister due this summer and also as a play room. am i the only mother who doesn't feel right having him so far away. my husband thinks im nuts lol. even though he has his own room now, i feel like hes not old enough to be so far away in his own room. could be the hormones talking too :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:48 AM on Apr. 14, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• First of all how old is he? and ya second of all my DD is will be 2 next month and I have her in the room right off my bedroom so really she is in the same room as my DH and I. I would not want my child on a different floor then us. NO WAY. So I think you are right. Unless he is like 9-10yrs old then ya he is fine to be on a different floor but this under toddler so i am guessing that is is 1-2yrs old?!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:03 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• OOOPS brian isn't working this morning just woke up answer to my question 16 months old. I think you are completely right not on a different floor. Ya I am crazy this morning.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:05 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Yea it's just better for everyone that you are closer to him so you can get to him quickly if needed. I was the same way when we moved, however, now that my daughter is 3 I am wishing she was in a bedroom farther away LOL She hears one little noise and she is up for hours! hehe
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 8:06 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• My kids are 5 and 2 and I personally couldn't even put them on a diffrent floor than me. But my neighbor she has 3 kids ages 9, almost 7 and almost 15 months. She has 3 bedroom on the upstairs, but then has a finished attic her 9 year old son use to be in the attic while her 7 year old DD her 15 month old son then her and her DH room was on the upstairs floor last year her son was down stairs in the kitchen by himself while they were asleep and got a lighter and almost burnt the house down luckly he went to wake them up after trying to put it out himself. Well now she has her room in the attic and the 3 kids on the second floor. I personally for one couldn't have my kids on the floor alone after knowing one of them done that and 2 I couldn't leave my 15 month old on that floor alone either.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 8:21 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• dh and i had this problem when we were house hunting too. we were pregnant and had 2 boys. we didn't consider homes with master suites on lower levels and other rooms on the upper levels. my 2 yo twins still wake up a few times during the night, what a bother that would be to have to go up and down stairs just to rub someones back! you are not nuts...i want to be close to my kids at night. i wouldn't mind being on the main floor when my kids are teens though!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:11 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• At the moment, my kids are all on the first floor where we are.

Hopefully this summer I'll be moving my 6 yo, and will be almost 3 yo upstairs into their own room. Then the baby will go into the other bedroom downstairs. (he'll be about 9 - 10 months by then)

I am sort of nervous about it, but my 2 yo has slept really well in her own room ever since she was 1. So I think it will be fine. :)
    WillDoDa

Answer by WillDoDa at 10:21 AM on Apr. 14, 2010