If I do deep house cleaning now will it be a bad thing if I don't do it again till the end of August ?

I'm going to start deep cleaning my home in the morning. I will clean each room top to bottom. I just want to concentrate on my kids this summer. My question is if I do this big cleaning project now, do light cleaning in the mornings and once a week change linen and do laundry throughout the summer and not do another deep cleaning until the end of august right before the kids go back to school (so their rooms are fresh and draws and closets ready for school) will my home look dirty as if I slacked off because I lost my 'swiffer' ??? Any suggestions on scheduling the cleaning? any tips, tricks or products that will keep the home smelling extra fresh like a good deep cleaning was done everyday?

Asked by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on Jun. 27, 2008 in Home & Garden

• no it will be fine... if you want you can join my group we do the FLYlady method and a weekly organizational mission. its a blast, and its easy!

flybabies unite is the name of the group

Answer by 4weeman at 2:23 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• It's summer, take the summer off with the kids, and if you are a stay at home mommy, due the deep cleaning when they start back to school.And, don't feel guilty about having fun with the lil'ones instead of being the robo mommy to the home. It's wonderful that you care about your home, although, I am older and wished sometimes that I would have gotten out more when my son was younger, instead, I was a slave to our home, and guess what, most people don't notice your deep cleaning, beteween you and I, we're the ones tht knows.

Answer by myboy28 at 12:34 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• I always dust, sweep once a day, mop twice a week (all hard wood floors) I do the bathroom (deep clean) once per week and so on. I do window about once a month or as needed and I do my walls like once or twice a year. I do deep cleaning in out front and back porch as needed too.

Answer by ilovemybananer at 12:36 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• No it wont look dirty. Do a DEEP cleaning every few months. thats means cob web's and baseboards and windows. Keep up with the week to week things like dusting and linen and what not and you will look very clean. Spending time with your kids is WAY more important than deep cleaning every week or every month!

Answer by vbruno at 12:36 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• There is a terrific group here called fluttering flybabies. They are the experts on how to clean your house and keep it clean with the least amount of effort. And they do the impossible..they make it fun...give it a try!!!

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 12:55 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Declutter. And make sure everything has a place or a home. In other words, the scissors are always in the same spot, never elsewhere. If you're like me, and you can't find homes for everything in the home, start decluttering (getting rid of stuff).

This way you can enjoy life more, not worrying about being home cleaning all of the time..

Answer by TXdanielly at 9:13 AM on Jun. 27, 2008