I'm pretty sure my boss is stealing money and then blaming me screwing up the paper work!

Dh's friends mom gave me a job at a resturant she runs and made me a manager. I know she takes money, but there's been twice now where she's taken money and blamed me! The first time she did not count her drawers at the shift change. So I did and I made her deposit (I called the asst manager and thats what she told me to do). But then the boss the next day said I made her 125$ short (the amt of the deposit) but magically by the end of the week the money had just reappeared. Then earlier this week one of the drawers was 16$ over. I left her a note told her I couldnt' find what was wrong. Again she said I made a mistake and fixed it. But when the asst. manager and I went back in and looked at the paper work she didn't have things in there she needed to have! And when we put the info back in, the drawer was 16$ over again. I can't quit until I get another job... and I just don't know what to do!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:11 AM on Apr. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• That happened to me once and not only did I get fired but I also had to pay back the money that douchebag stole or go to jail. Tell your friends mom ( the owner) about what you think is going on before she takes a lot of money and leaves you with the bill.

sunshine06

Answer by sunshine06 at 9:20 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Make sure you write it all down,thats the most important thing. write down dates, amounts, and what you were told to do to "fix" it. Then look for another job. If you see the owner before then, tell him that you keep having trouble with the ledgers and show him the note's you've been taking. When the owner sees it he'll figure it out.
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 9:22 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• document everything and have someone else sign the documents on the spot so you are covering yourself.
    Wyndi

Answer by Wyndi at 10:26 AM on Apr. 14, 2010