How come my 18 month old suddenly won't go to sleep?

My son has generally gone right to bed at night, but for the past couple of weeks when we put him in his crib, he will begin to scream even before he is lying down. We then endure hours of crying (with no tears...so he is just mad) and eventually I give in. We are expecting another child in less than 3 weeks and I am fearful that I will never sleep again. We did move him to a new room about a month ago, but he slept fine for the first two weeks. Any ideas on how to get him back on track??

SoonToBeCTMom

Asked by SoonToBeCTMom at 9:46 AM on Apr. 14, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• So is he fully awake? maybe you coudl try a night light? is he verbal enough to tell you whats going on? well you got me mama. My son moved to a toddler bed at 2, got very sick and ever since has not slept through the night. That was 6 months ago and I've tried so many methods. I waived the white flag - couldn't take the fight anymore. sorry, I wish I had advice.. things you could try. Dream catcher, the baby methods of sleeping again all over ( if you needed them like I did that is ) special teddy bear/animal
    something of yours to sleep with. my son slept with my jacket for a couple weeks and my pillow other nights .. good luck.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:35 PM on Apr. 14, 2010