lettuce!!!

i need a gadget that shreds things like lettuce and cucumbers???any suggestions???by the way i am 51 and the worlds worst cook....

cleo1977

Asked by cleo1977 at 9:53 AM on Apr. 14, 2010 in Food & Drink

• a knife :) you just have to cut it as small as possible. OR you could buy preshredded?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• my mom just used a mandoline to cut bell peppers for a veggie tray...she loved it!!!!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:08 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• I just use a regular knife or my hands
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 10:13 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• I have a very nice chef's knife I use by Wusthof, and it makes quick work of "shredding" lettuce (cut the head in half, lay it cut side down, and cut into thin strips length-wise, then cut in half again. Quick "shredded" lettuce in about a minute. It's the best tool I have in my kitchen =)
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:22 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• A good knife and cutting board

Answer by rkoloms at 5:51 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• if you shred lettuce and cucumbers with a grater or madoline you will end up with a watery mess that is not usable and not appealing to the people you are feeding. use a good knife and learn some quick cutting/chopping skills. GL
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:02 AM on Apr. 15, 2010