Do trade schools check to see if you hold a GED or diploma?

I don't have either one. I dropped out of 12th grade for dumb reasons. Employers have never checked but if I wanted to got o trade school for medical assisting or what not will they check?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Apr. 14, 2010 in Money & Work

• Some probably will and some probably won't. You should never lie about it. If you lie on a job application and you get the job and they find out then you will be fired.

We homeschooled and my youngest son can't pass the GED. He can't pass the math section. For some colleges you don't have to pass the GED if you are homeschooled. He has been able to get into a community college. You could try saying you homeschooled. Your mom or dad may have to back you up.

There are no rules about what homeschooling. There is a style of homeschooling called unschooling that doesn't involve formal teaching.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:26 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• I'm going to a trade school and yes, they checked. Why don't you just go back for your GED and prevent this from continuously haunting you? The wreckage of your past should always be dealt with as soon as possible.
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 10:23 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• the ones I went to did...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:46 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Schools have minimum requirements that you have to meet to get accepted into the school. So, yes, they do check. If you dropped out of 12th grade, getting your GED shouldn't be that hard for you.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 1:10 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Interesting post!
    Anonymous

• I had been told by professionals and even the state employment board that I need to "tone down " my resume if I wanted to stop being rejected for being over qualified. I tried, but there is only so much you can do without it becoming a lie. Some may say...you do what you have to do, whatever it takes. I can't help but feel though, that I would then find a job I love and lose it for the reasons I got the job. I won't complain about how it's not fair, just venting, I guess.
    GMMOLLY

Answer by GMMOLLY at 1:38 PM on Apr. 14, 2010