Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

who should i talk to about PPD?

my youngest is 13 months old now, and i think ive had PPD for a while. ive just been trying to deal with it on my own, and now i dont think i can anymore.
i dont have a family doctor, only my OB who did my delivery. do you think its okay to call and make an appointment with him to discuss this? sorry if its a stupid question.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on Apr. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

Answers (5)
  • yes you can certainly discuss this with your OBgyn. it would probably be easier for you than going to a doctor you've never met.


    Answer by bestmommyeber at 10:20 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

  • call any dr. you can even message me i had this to i still do a little your such a great mom for getting help if you need to talk you can message me i have a ear to bend and any dr will beable to help you but it will help you onceyou talk and or get help! and no not a dumb question!!!

    Answer by saadamarie at 10:23 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

  • this is a fine topic to discuss with your ob. are you exercising at all? just saw on the news that 30 minutes a day is as effective or more effective than medication.

    Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:23 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

  • Yes, you can talk to your OB and he/she will be able to direct you to a therapist, or prescribe medication, or whatever course of treatment you plan on taking.

    Answer by missanc at 12:42 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

  • Not a stupid question at all. I would start with the OB, as you have a relationship with that person. If needed, they can make further referrals. You are already at the most important step, figuring out that you need help and how to reach out for it. Feel better Mama. : )

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.