You want to know WHY I don't send my kids away to school or daycare? THIS CRAP IS WHY.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/04/14/sobbing-year-old-abandoned-school-bus/?loomia_ow=t0:s0:a4:g4:r2:c0.000000:b0:z5

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Apr. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I would never send my 2 year old on a school bus, some people have no other option. It also happens to 5 and 6 year olds.

Why did the day care not notify anyone if the kid did not show, especially because he gets bused in. If my 14 year old don't show they call me on all my numbers.

That is what is ridiculous.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:29 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Workers at Adrien Long's day care center never noticed the child was missing, and he was only rescued when an alert dog walker heard him crying and notified a safety agent at a nearby school.

A terrified two-year-old boy spent two hours alone on a parked school bus after being abandoned by its driver and a matron, the New York Post reported Wednesday.

Workers at Adrien Long's day care center never noticed he was missing, and he was only rescued when an alert dog walker heard him sobbing and notified a safety agent at a nearby school.

Police were called and driver Roberto Isales and matron Shantel Ruth Thames were both charged with child endangerment.
    Anonymous

• I went on the bus and the kid was crying. He wasn't even strapped down," said a witness who would not give his name. "I went over and he hugged my leg.
    "He was wearing a blue winter coat, no backpack. His diaper had to be changed."
    The driver and the matron picked up Adrien at his home in the New York borough of Brooklyn at 7:30am Eastern Time on Tuesday and were supposed to drop him off at a learning center, police sources said.

Instead, sources said, Isales forgot about the toddler, dropped Thames off at her home after the two completed their route and then parked the bus and went home for a nap.

Officials at the day care never realized that Adrien was not dropped off at the usual time of 8:30am, sources said.

He was taken to the hospital to be evaluated and then reunited with his parents, police said.

"I'm happy my boy is home," said the boy's father, through the intercom at their home.

"They (the driver an
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• "I'm happy my boy is home," said the boy's father, through the intercom at their home.

"They (the driver and matron) are responsible. They're lucky the cops got to them first."

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• im in complete agreement with you OP! my (then) 5 year old nephew walked out of school during lunch because he didn't like what was on the menu. the mailman found him lost and crying 4 miles away from the school. keep in mind he had to walk through the office to leave the building (it's the only unlocked door during school hours) then they suspended him for 3 days! who are these people we trust so freely to care for our children? do they even have kids?
    bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 10:34 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Do your research!!!!! Some people enroll there kids in any old school. My daughters preschool is a very good school I trust them 100%.. Stories like this don't change that.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• My little brother was left on a school bus when he was in kindergarten. We lived in the country and my mom being a single mother she had no other option. The driver that left him wasn't the same one that normally had picked us up but my mom was obviously very pissed off about it and she actually had the school change the bus schedule around so that my brother would be the first one off instead of the last, it was either that or she was going to sue for child endangerment.
    MommaCassE

Answer by MommaCassE at 11:02 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• My Step-mom is a school bus driver. On her bus, she cannot turn the engine off until she has walked to the rear of the bus and pushed a button. It is a safety mechanism to ensure no child is left on the bus. Not all places would leave a child, much less a 2 year old on the bus. By you limoing all schools/daycares together is wrong. That's like one dog bites and all dogs being condemed for it. Or lumping folks together race wise. If one white guy kills, it doesn't mean all should be locked up.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:02 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• My experiance with a high profile daycare center was horrible as well. I walked in one day to see another mom screeming at my daughter and the personnel just sittng there. I should have taken her out of there that day. It was about a week and a half later, I walked in to find the children chasing each other with handtools in the bigroom which smelled like a locker room .....Obviously, no ventilation. That was it for me.
    GMMOLLY

Answer by GMMOLLY at 1:22 PM on Apr. 14, 2010