Where are our priorities?

Sorry to seem scattered, but after reading on this section for a while I have to wonder where our priorities are. This is what I am seeing a lot of, see if you agree or not.

Abortion - yes, it's acceptable and a lot of people think that public funding of it is good and necessary.
Fatty Foods: Bad. We should villify anyone that eats it and any business that makes it, we should even consider putting extra taxes on it.

Plastic Surgery (self paid by patient not by insurance)- Bad, we should put extra taxation on patient.
Voicing opposing opinion as Obama administration: Bad, you are labeled a freak and an extramist and are consistantly attacked by O supporters and MSM.
opposing Bush administration: Good, patriotic, righteous.
Corporate Profit: Bad, must put extra taxation on business or find a way to take business over and put into government run programs.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Apr. 14, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I can agree to a point. I see many people talk about 'my body, my choice' when it comes to abortion, yet when it comes to fatty foods being sold at fast food joints (go figure), a lot of people are all about outlawing those fatty foods. If I have the right to go and abort a baby because it's my body and my choice, shouldn't I equally be able to go and eat a fatty meal if I choose to, since it's still my body and my choice?

Or maybe we should just put an additional tax on abortion. 

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:05 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Those are opinions not priorities. A priority would be something like: which is more important, buying meds for you or your kid when you only have the money for one. Which is your top priority?

sunshine06

Answer by sunshine06 at 10:26 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• And you are obviously a conservative, based on the biased observations you made.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Exactly Sunshine. It's all in the approach too. If every single subject and post disintegrates into a b and m session about Obama, his agenda and the perceived ills of "liberals" many here get turned off. FYI, a liberal is defined as any and everyone who doesn't agree 100% with the agenda of the 5-10 most vocal conservatives who post to this site. They all say the same, rote things over and over and over.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• It's funny, anons. Both your replies are equally biased.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:43 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Mancosmom- Hey we neither asked the question nor posed specifics as the Op did. The point is, nearly ever question posted ends with the exact same replies.

Anonymous

• You are right, Quinn. I don't understand the attitude about taxing sodas and fast food. People make the CHOICE when they pick the food up and put it in their mouths.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 12:17 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• And anon :02, your response is as defensive as the one's you have issue with. Perhaps it's not all one-sided?
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 12:21 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Short and sweet.......... People do have a right to make bad choices, but only to the point that they don't endanger or infringe on the rights of others
    GMMOLLY

Answer by GMMOLLY at 1:16 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• How exactly does my eating a fatty meal infringe on your rights and or public safety? I don't depend on government health coverage. I do not pay for it with government funds.

And if that's the case, wouldn't having an abortion infringe on the rights of the fetus that is being aborted? Or is it just that they can't speak for themselves and thus they don't have rights. There is no lobby for the unborn, is there?

To be clear, I am pro-choice, but am taking the pro-life stance in opposition to your statement, gmmolly, for the sake of debate.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:52 PM on Apr. 14, 2010