we're going on our couple's trip, next week. I want to make plans and reservations,

but he wants to just rent a car and take off with no plans...which sounds more fun to you??

ilovedogs1967

Asked by ilovedogs1967 at 10:30 AM on Apr. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My husband and I used to have amazing weekends where we'd just get in the car and drive down the coast and see where the day took us. We brought silly old music and sang along and just had fun. We found some really beautiful spots to spend the night that we may have never known about had we made reservations.
    If you are ok with an adventure then go with your hubby's idea.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 10:34 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• DH and I are wanderers by nature. We used to plan a general direction and then just go where the roads looked interesting.

Now we make hotel reservations for the direction because it's a bit cheaper to do so. But we never go straight there (even with 3 kids in tow) we follow signs that look interesting or something that looked fun in some literature or on the internet. I once planned an entire vacation based on staying in the wigwam motel in Holbrook, AZ.

So the hotel reservation and rambling until you get there method might be a happy medium. Have fun!!
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:46 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• I need reservations for that night. We tried the whole "Just see what happens" one time and what happened was there was some sort of convention or something and every hotel was full! We ended up driving back home. We were in the car for like 17 hours and it was an awful trip.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:30 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• I think you should just see where it takes you. You never know, he may have something special secretly planned.
    mama2br00ke

Answer by mama2br00ke at 5:19 PM on Apr. 14, 2010