If your 13 year old was pregnant. What would you do?

My child would have to have an abortion. I never thought I would say it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Apr. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• I would stand by her all the way and try to find a solution, but abortion would not be it, it is not that baby's fault she screwed up.

Answer by older at 10:38 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Too many little girls are getting pregnant in my town. The girls are starting to think it is ok. They are in 7th and 8th grade. Parents are working and they are having sex before they come home. At 13,14 they don't know as much as they think they do. I remember being that age and I had a brick head.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• First off I don't think the daughter is the only one that "screwed up"... I think it lies on the whole family. We have a 13 yr old son and talk and talk about the consequences, let him experience things to help him realize what can happen when you don't use your brain. I also don't think we would have any say in what goes on if our son got a girl pregnant. But it would be our responsibility to help out in any way we could. I pray we never have to go down that road...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:43 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• My friend's daughter is going to school with a girl who is pregnant. They are 11 and in 5th grade. The girl is excited about it. I can't imagine someone that young having a baby, but like older, abortion is not the answer.
    AirForceWife14

Answer by AirForceWife14 at 10:44 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• I would make her have it. I don't think the "her body is too small for birth" excuse works. They can do a c-section. And I would made her put it up for adoption.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• it depends on the situation. if (God forbid) she was raped, then yes, she would have an abortion. but if she willingly had sex i would let her decide. a good friend of mine had a baby at 14, and she is one of the best mothers i know. you just never know how a situation like that will turn out. it's a tough question to answer. i would support her, but if she chose to parent her child, i would make sure she did just that. once you choose life for your baby, your life (as you know it ) ends.

bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 10:45 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• ABORTION.

It's not about her body being too small for the actual birth, but far too under developed to carry the pregnancy. Any mother who would FORCE their child to carry a pregnancy that young, truly does not care about their child. If they had done their job and prepared her for real life, and taught her to protect herself, it wouldn't have happened at all.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:47 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• A 5 y/o has had a child before, so, it is possible to carry to term.

We would sit down and decide together, but, it would be a long hard road.

BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:55 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• My cousin had a baby when she was 13. She carried the baby to term and had a regular delivery. Now, I know that was not the smartest thing she ever did, but her daughter is now 10 years old and she is a great child! My cousin's mom, aunts and grandma all pitched in and helped her raise her daughter and they all say they don't regret it. Abortion was never an option and it makes me sick to my stomach to think that most people would go that route! To think that beautiful child might not have been here if my cousin had a different mother, one who would force an abortion on her. Looking at their situation, if it ever happened to my child, I would be devastated since I have talking myself blue in the face about sex, birth control and the like! But she would still be my daughter and whatever happened, if we decided to keep it or go for adoption, I would still support her 100%.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• MrsLeftlane

I am not only blaming my daughter ONLY and so far the first test came back negative and I have 3 more to go. Her period still in not consistant. I was just thinking until you are put in the situation you really don't know what you would do. I never thought I would say abortion. She will not talk about it. She is not ready for a baby she said I was not thinking she came to me. So I did something right. I just am not a miracle mom and can't be every where with her. She don't hang out late. I have boundries but I am not over the top with them. Don't judge me or my parenting skills. It can happen to anyone, she knows about sex, STDs, and pregnancy but like I said. Kids don't really get it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Apr. 14, 2010