Boyfriend isnt as ambitious as me he is complacent in his ways?

he is a great man/father but his lack of ambition might just kill our relationship...he lives in a situation at home that he hates...he is always arguing and never wants to be at home.... but he is waiting for section 8 to help him out with an apartment.... I recommended somewhere he should go but instead he wants to stay aroung because of his son's school district...wtf...like get out of that house already if u are so stressed out...

his is unhappy with his jobs because they barely make ends meet...but is doing very little to change the situation he is in....meanwhile I am graduating from college pretty soon and becoming a registered nurse...I have a 3 yr old son (from previous relationship) and i am striving for the best...I am just afraid that his lack of ambition might be holding us back...what should I do ....I am 27 yrs old and thinking very futuristic

Divalish

Asked by Divalish at 10:40 AM on Apr. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• Sorry but he sounds like he's the wrong guy for you. If you have this many complaints about him now it won't get better in time and don't think you can change the man into some Stepford bf.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:22 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• I agree with admckenzie, if there are already problems here then its not going to get better, you can not change him. He is just never going to be an ambitous guy, and you probably deserve better, it may be hard to accept, but your probably better off without him.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 1:26 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• I also agree with pp's. You can't change him so either accept the way he is or move on. It's that simple.
    newmomma14

Answer by newmomma14 at 10:01 AM on Apr. 15, 2010