I need help dont know what else to do with 3 year old

ok this is question for one of my best friends son. She has three year old and he doesnt respect his mom or anyone else. He has been kicked out of every daycare that his mom has put him in with and he has been known to punch a ful grown man and hit the teachers if he doesnt get his way. His father is out of the picture because he was abusive and mom left him but his dads bad habits are rubbing off on him.This little boy can be so sweet one minute and then he like the devil. My son doesnt even act like that and they are close in age. Elijah will be 4 in May and we have tried everything like time outs, standing in a corner, restraining when he is violent and he also yells at the top of his lungs for no reason. He is so bad that nobody will watch the boy not even his grandparents cause nobody can handle him. Its now that he is stealing things from his mom and even money and then he lies about it. I need all of the advise.

mocaprincess

Asked by mocaprincess at 10:41 AM on Apr. 14, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• This little boy needs a psycologist to deal with this behavior, this kind of reaction is what he was brought up in, the issues need to be addressed by a professional before he reaches puberty and is totally uncontrolable.

Answer by older at 10:46 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• agree w/ pp
    bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 10:48 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Consistant, he is 3 she can get it out of him. Be strong, sometimes we must give up things to correct things.
    Ex. Tell him you are going shopping, and if he miss behaives you will have to leave the store. When he acts up, just leave, I did it and the kids did without milk that night, but it didn't kill them, and they realized, I was not playing anymore.

He must have learned the habits from somewhere, they see and they do. Now, don't give up. If it takes hours put him in time out, let him scream your not hurting him. If he feels he gets away with it, or it bothers you one bit, he will continue to behaive that way. Keep it up, and be consistant. Remember to praise him for the good, and don't yell at him. Make him listen by whispering. Another Cafe mom told me that. :) It works. Use a reward chart, stickers and then reward him with a car at the end of the week, .99 is worth a change.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• we are trying but he wont talk to ppl about his feelings and she is trying to get him in to the doctors also
    mocaprincess

Answer by mocaprincess at 10:49 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Believe it or not I know exactly what she is going through. My middle son who is now 5 soon to be 6 has been like this for awhile. The only real difference is that his dad is still here and he's not abusive. No form of discipline seems to work on him. I've talked till I was blue in the face with doctors and therapists. FINALLY i got a doctor to LISTEN to me. Now he is being tested to see if he has Asperger's Syndrome. I'm not saying that is what is wrong with your friend's son but this is not normal behavior for a 3 yr old. What I have found that works the best with my son is routine. We do the same stuff at the same time everyday. If there is something that is going to be coming up that is different we talk to him about it everyday and have a countdown calender set up. It has helped a lot. Make sure he is praised A LOT for the good behavior.

I hope the best for her and him. Good Luck!

Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 11:26 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Many may not like my answer, but I think your best help can be through prayer. Prayer for both the boy ad that his mom gets help with the services he needs. You can look through the county services and supply her with information, in a compassionate way. Sometimes though we have to be a friend from afar and accept.
    GMMOLLY

Answer by GMMOLLY at 12:59 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• My sonsounds a lot like your friends boy. About 6 months ago he was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome. Since learning about it and doing my research, I wish I had known it sooner. I now know that it is NOT me that is failing my son. It is a difficult thing to imagine in a child but I think he needs to get professional help quickly. I have learned that Asperger's gets worse.
    MeghannEM

Answer by MeghannEM at 7:00 PM on Apr. 14, 2010