Boyfriend isnt as ambitious as me he is complacent in his ways?

he is a great man/father, very involved in his 5 yr old son's life, but his lack of ambition might just kill our relationship...he lives in a situation at home with his stepfather that he hates...he is always arguing and never wants to be at home.... but he is waiting for section 8 to help him out with an apartment.... I recommended somewhere he should go but instead he wants to stay aroung because of his son's school district...wtf...like get out of that house already if u are so stressed out...

his is unhappy with his jobs because they barely make ends meet...but is doing very little to change the situation he is in....meanwhile I am graduating from college pretty soon and becoming a registered nurse...I have a 3 yr old son (from previous relationship) and i am striving for the best...I am just afraid that his lack of ambition might be holding us back...what should I do ....I am 27 yrs old and thinking very futuristic

Divalish

Asked by Divalish at 10:42 AM on Apr. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• Move on; this is not the man you want to share your life with

Answer by rkoloms at 10:51 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Do what is best for your self and your child which sounds like move on.

You can not change a man, they have to want to change. Honestly, you have your own kid and don't need a man to take care of.

I wish you the best, and you know what you need to do. There are too many men out here that want what you want, you need to find the one your completely happy with.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:55 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• I have a son that lacks ambition. He kind of has a reason/excuse. He was in a car accident and had a brain injury. He had some personality changes. We are so grateful that he is alive that if the worst thing that has happened to him is that he no longer has ambition he is judst like many men his age, 30. He lives with his girlfriend in California in one of the areas that has a 27% unemployment rate. Him saying he can't find a job may be true.

They quit their jobs in a hospital lab for her to go to a 2 year RN program, she already has a BS. He stays home and cleans and cooks, he is good at that. He treats women very nice and she like that a lot. They don't want kids. He recently had a vasectomy. It works for them.
    You are going to make great money. Your man doesn't have to.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:02 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Sit down and have a talk with him. Sometimes it's hard to see your way out of a rut you've been in so long. Education is usually the only way to change your financial situation. If you're serious about him and want to move forward after you graduate maybe you could support him while he goes back to school and finds a job he really wants that pays more.
    If you're not that serious then you should leave him.
    MsYoung655

Answer by MsYoung655 at 12:36 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• We meet a lot of people that have admireable traits, yet are a disaster waiting to happen. You aside..... you may havechildren together and you have to ask yourself if that is the future you want for them. Just like some foods that may be outrageously delicious, they can kill you in the end. Good luck
    GMMOLLY

Answer by GMMOLLY at 12:54 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• This sounds like a relationship breaker. I'd move on. They don't change.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:48 PM on Apr. 14, 2010