Mothers Milk tea, does it work??

need a little supply booste. does this tea work? how long does it take if it does

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Apr. 14, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i drank it for a while and i personally dont think it worked. it taste pretty gross unless you put alont of sugar lol. i think pumping between feeding or bf'ing more will build your suplly for sure. the more you stimulate the more your body will want to produce
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• I don't think you should count on anything increasing your supply other than nursing more. Your breasts make the amount of milk your baby needs. When your baby needs more, your baby nurses more for a couple of days and your breasts start making more.

If you have an electric pump, you can pump one breast while the baby nurses the other breast. That give the breasts more stimulation. You don't want to give bottles after the feeding, then the baby won't nurse well for the next feeding. You want all of your baby's suckling to be at the breast. No bottles or pacifiers.

http://www.kellymom.com/ is a great breastfeeding site.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:08 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Mother's milk tea works great but you have to drink a lot of it.
    You're better off taking fenugreek tablets. I think you should take 3-4 at a time, 3 times a day. Your sweat should smell like maple syrup, that's how you know you're taking enough.

Kellymom.com has some great info about fenugreek.
    Oatmeal helps too.
    Are you drinking enough water?
    mrsderekjeter

Answer by mrsderekjeter at 11:39 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• I took it and alot of it, and it diddn't work-I don't know if I was just at that "no turning point", sorry momma wish I had better advice on it. I took it for about 3 weeks with no results ;(
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 1:09 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• THE BREASTFEEDING ANSWER BOOK, 2003 states: “Many mothers try to boost their milk supply by drinking herbal teas, but the dose cannot be as easily controlled as capsules or tinctures, so the results will be inconsistent. Fenugreek (three capsules three times per day can be taken alone or with blessed thistle (three capsules three times per day). Experience indicates that it takes 24-72 hours to see an increase in milk supply once the herbs are started in the correct doses. Fenugreek is listed in the US as a Generally Recognized as Safe herbal.”
    For more information on using herbs to increase your supply go to:

www.kellymom.com/herbal/milksupply/herbal_galactagogue.html
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 1:43 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• It works but isn't as effective as straight fenugreek. And nothing will help if you're not nursing or pumping frequently. Also know that if you're changing enough dipes, you don't need a boost. Too many moms are popping pills needlessly. If you are already changing enough dipes, you won't see a lot of impact.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:14 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• I think it tasted like grass clipping... BARF! I took More Milk Plus and it worked well.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:07 PM on Apr. 14, 2010