When did your child start walking? And did you help them learn?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Apr. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• a couple days after his 1st bday and no i didnt but my sister pushed him with a toy he really liked on his birthday like all day and i seriously think that made him start walking... I have also heard parents standing their kid against the wall wanting them to take steps forward towards you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• My son was a full time walker by the time he was a year old. My daughter walked at 9.5 months. I didn't do anything to help them, they didn't need it lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:10 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• my daughter took her first steps when she was 8 months and was fully walking on her own when she was 9 months. we would always hold her hands and help her walk and sit across from each other and have her walk back and forth. My son was walking when he was about 11 months we did the same thing but he had the chunkiest legs it just seemed to take him longer.
    kd2kds

Answer by kd2kds at 11:37 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• 7 months old. But my son started doing a lot of stuff early(ie:riding a bike, talking, etc...)
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 11:41 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• My oldest took his first step at 11 months but wasn't really walking until 13 months. My second son took his first step at 9.5 months and was fully walking at 10 months. I didn't do anything really to help them. We followed their lead. They were both in walkers but everyone says that is supposed to delay walking. My oldest was also a preemie so if you go by adjusted age it would have been 11.5 months that he was walking.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• 11 months. No, we didn't help him learn but we did have push toys around that he could pull up/stabilize himself to walk behind.

Answer by missanc at 12:41 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• My oldest was 11.5 months old. My youngest was 6 or 7 months old. I didn't do anything. They both just learned on their own.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 2:01 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• My oldest started walking at the end of her 9th month, and my middle daughter took her first steps at 8 months and was walking steadily by 10. I stayed at home with both of them and we had a lot of floor time, but I didn't push it *too* hard I don't think.
    JohnnyCakes

Answer by JohnnyCakes at 7:14 PM on Apr. 14, 2010