stealing money???

i lost about 30.00$ a couple of weeks ago.i asked my dd if she had it .she said no. now this morning i went into my pants pocket to get the change that was in there...what did i find ? the 30.00$i know it wasnt in my pocket last night at work. my friend bought me a coffee because i had forgot to bring money...my dd has done this before..taken money.i dont want to say anything if it was just a coinsodince.i really dont know how to approach this. like ive written before she has been acting strange..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Apr. 14, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Just have a general conversation with her about borrowing money. It's polite to ask for the money before taking it even if it's returned. Then again, could it be someone else?

Answer by admckenzie at 11:13 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• i work in a retail store and we are not allowed to pass money back and forth.....also i did not buy dinner before like i usually do before i go to work....then my friend asked me if i wanted a coffee and i put my hand in my pocket knowing i didnt have any money....but there it was...she is a good kid,really doesnt do anything wrong...i do know there is something going on in her head though...
    cleo1977

Answer by cleo1977 at 11:23 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• You're the mom and she needs to be told she has to ask before she takes it. Even if she didn't this time and she has in the past, she still needs to be told. She could think it is ok and start taking money from others. Ask her if she took it and put it back. No harm in asking.
    Anonymous

• I agree with admckenzie. here.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 8:49 AM on Apr. 20, 2010