I had my wisdom teeth cut out friday and my mouth and tongue is very raw and sore. Is there anything I can do to make it feel better?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Apr. 14, 2010 in Health

• You may try doing a mouth rinse using baking soda & water. When I had braces, the braces would rub on the inside of my mouth and become irritated. My regular dentist gave me this tip about baking soda. Worked like a charm. Not the best tasting, but very soothing.
    livinghealthy

Answer by livinghealthy at 11:45 AM on Apr. 14, 2010

• the dentist should have given you painkillers
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 12:01 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• My sister uses Orajel, and the baking soda and/or salt & water rinse do help, but try to take some pain-killers and get some rest. For me, the pain is always so much worse when I'm overwhelmed and tired. I just had major work done on some of my teeth, including having one CUT out, 10 days ago, so I know what you're going through....also and ice-pack helps to numb the pain.
    TimandMely4ever

Answer by TimandMely4ever at 12:20 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• they did give me pain killers.... for my wisdom teeth being cut out. it just hurts when i eat. I ate a bunch of bananas and banana pudding and stuff and i think that made my tongue raw. im not sure
    Anonymous

• Drink slurpees, milkshakes...... I'm sorry it hurts! I had mine cut out when I was 11 (29 yrs ago). You never forget that pain @@
    cz4kids

Answer by cz4kids at 2:19 PM on Apr. 14, 2010