What's your secret for nausea?

Awful nausea? What is your home remedy? Anything work? Ginger? Ginger Ale? Anything? I'm miserable. Some meds. don't work. This is really letting me down. Bringing me down. Anything tried and true for you? Thank you kindly for sharing.

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 11:45 AM on Apr. 14, 2010 in Health

• 7up and Saltine crackers. It helps alleviate the nausea, My mom gave it to us when we were little and I still swear by it!
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 12:13 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Are we talking about pregnancy nausea?

beeky

Answer by beeky at 1:26 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• From the op. I am meaning from getting Chemo.
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 1:45 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• The only thing that worked for me when I had chemo after breast cancer surgery was Phenergan in the suppository form. Sorry 'bout the TMI on the method and all...but it was the only thing that worked for me. At that time I couldn't keep a pill down to save my soul. Healing prayers your way Mama. : ) Talk to your doc and see what they can do to help a Sista out.
    Anonymous

• From the op. I am meaning from getting Chemo.   The main reason medical marijuana is legal is for chemo.  It is supposed to be really good at controlling the nausea.  You should talk to your doctor about it. 

I wish you strength and success for your battle with cancer.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 2:09 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• sprite and crackers. I know its old fashioned, but it works.
    cz4kids

Answer by cz4kids at 2:17 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Yes, ginger ale and saltines did the trick when I was pregnant, but you may need something stronger than that. I would call the hospital to see if you can get into a cancer support group. That way everyone can help eachother through it and you will find out great tips from what they've learned. Hugs to you, Linda! Call soon and get into a support group!! You could even find some support groups online too.
    LiveLoveLaugh

Answer by LiveLoveLaugh at 3:09 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• My doctor said to eat protein, lots of it. Eat toast and cheese for breakfast. String cheese two hors later for a snack. Chicken salad for lunch. Handful of nuts two hours later. Chicken with brown rice and a vegetable for dinner. Nuts two hours later for a late night snack. Works great!
    They also make nausea medications too. They work great too but you still need to eat something every two hours to keep something in your stomach.
    Anonymous

• Have you tried drinking mint tea? Mint is good for calming nausea
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 8:27 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Morning Sickness Soothers....great product! ...It blocks out the smells that bother me and calms my nausea.
    www.MorningSicknessSoothers.com
    bethnestle

Answer by bethnestle at 12:15 PM on Sep. 17, 2010