Twins?

I have my first doctors appointment next Thursday. I'm 8 weeks pregnant and for the past 2 or 3 weeks I've had a really strong hunch I'm carrying more than one baby. I keep having dreams about finding out we're expecting twins, and my MIL told us when we told her we were pregnant "This is so weird, I just had a dream the other night you were pregnant with twin boys" Has anyone else had a "hunch" they were expecting more than 1 baby and it turned out true?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Apr. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• No, but good luck! Make sure you come back and tell us!
    Anonymous

• I have a hunch too, I haven't had an ultrasound either. I just have a hunch becasue I started wearing maternity clothes when I was around 8 weeks along. Since my regular jeans didn't fit me, but the thing is that I haven't gained weight I have just been the same weight my belly is just growing. We already heard the heart beat but we only heard one, but that's because I'm sure doctors don't really check for 2 unless they are certain that you are carrying twins. I don't know lol it's weird, I have faternal twins on my side of the family and my Husband has idential twins on his side, so it could be possible. I'll find out for sure what I am having in about 5 more weeks and I can't wait.
    Anonymous

• I've carried twins twice and lost one baby both times in tuero early on. One due to my ex-husband beating me up in what he called "horse play" and the other due to steroids I had taken prior to that pregnancy that caused deformities, or more to the point lack of development, in the second twin. The truth is there is a very high percentage (I don't know the exact stats but you can google it if you want to) of women who start out carrying more than one baby and end up delivering one because the other(s) aborted very early on prior to finding out you were pregnant or before the first Doppler/ultrasound. Just be thankful if you have one in there. I ended up with 4 singleton kids, each born naturally. Pregnancy is exciting, raising them is the REAL labor!
    cz4kids

Answer by cz4kids at 2:10 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• I had identical twins a year ago and I in no way thought that it would be possible. I was sooooo sick though...couldn't even get up with out being naseous......had to be layed down all the time...had excrutiating headaches and every symptom in the book....I have two older girls and the pregnancy with them gave me no symptoms so I just thought I could be having a boy...nothing would have prepared me for what I found out at that ultrasound...I could not believe it...I was so excited though...I never desired twins but felt so lucky and blessed to carry them. All of our families were so excited too...the first twins in both of our families....I had my boys at 24 weeks due to complications and my first born twin son passed away 5 days later and luckly my surviving twin son just turned a year old...I wish you luck and let us know or atleast me know if you are carrying twins....it is very exciting,
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 8:57 PM on Apr. 14, 2010