What is the point for a kid/teen to use Facebook?

they see their freinds in school everyday - then they have to come home and sit on the computer some more and type what's going on their little lives? what happened to playing in the backyard until the street lights came on...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:02 PM on Apr. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• i don't know....facebook was created for COLLEGE students to meet new people at their new schools and keep in touch with old friends.
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 12:04 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Evolution is a b**ch.
    Anonymous

• There is no point.

My daughter does not use anyone of them ANYMORE, they are full of gossip and trouble.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 12:05 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• My son talks to kids in the two towns we moved from, not kids he sees at school. He does play outside till the lights come on. And who are you to assume why my child is on or that it is bad in some way? Geeze. My son has a legit reason to be on and he onnly is on for like 30 maybe and not everyday.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:07 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• There IS no point!
    Anonymous

• When I was in high school I took college classes and didn't see my friends during school. Granted, I didn't use facebook back then, but I would IM them online while doing homework or whatever. IDK how old of kids your talking about though.
    Anonymous

• HAHAHA! These answers amaze me!!! Kids are social people.. So what if they want to talk to their friends all night and all day? As long as they eat dinner with the family and do their homework.. A teen should be able to have facebook... Face it, the more you try to protect from "the evils of the world" the more they are going to rebel. So if you don't want a young adult who ends up doing drugs, having kids without being married or worse, then I suggest you give them a little extra space and not be such a hellicopter parent.
    PeytonsMom21109

Answer by PeytonsMom21109 at 12:12 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• So, my son who uses it to talk to his friends he moved away from is not a valid point? He should wait until he is college age then try to find them. Wow, that makes sense..he uses it to talk to all his friends from Texas and Virginia...we live in Louisiana. It is easier and cheaper for him to keep up on Facebook/MySpace.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:13 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Every school district that I've ever been in was so large that most of my friends didn't live within walking distance so we couldnt just "play in the backyard until the street lights came on" though I wish that would have been a part of my childhood. I don't understand younger kids having one but teens are prime candidates for facebook - they gossip, they talk forever, and have have lots of friend. Why do ADULTS need one?
    Anonymous

• i dont see anything wrong with kids & teens using facebook. they want to be social too. let these poor kids enjoy there lives, jesus.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:15 PM on Apr. 14, 2010