Why is it illegal to scalp tickets but not to sell them on craigslist?

Just curious..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:05 PM on Apr. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Because SCALPING Tickets is selling them for ABOVE THE PRINTED VALUE. Selling them is getting your money back for what you paid for them and nothing more.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 2:32 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• R E-S E L L
    Anonymous

• I think it is illegal to sell them on Craigslist, but it's anonymous. I don't think the cops are going to hunt you down through Craigslist but they can easily see people on the street doing it and nab them.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 1:14 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• I thought scalping was when they stand outside the building and hike the prices way up to make a huge profit and those tickets sometimes are not even real. Craigslist and even the newspaper is reselling. More often than not the prices are the same as buying them normally.
    Anonymous

• I've sold many a football ticket on Ebay, quite legally. Of course, I was only looking for face value as I could not attend the games.
    Anonymous

• It's only illegal if you are on the stadium grounds. It's not illegal to go around the corner and sell them, but yeah, I think it has to be for face value if you do that.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:26 PM on Apr. 14, 2010